BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tournament in Northern California

Just wondering what teams would be interested in traveling to Northern California Labor day weekend to play in a tournament prior to playing at the worlds in 2006?

Re: Tournament in Northern California

I'm sure most if not all teams would be interested in coming to Northern Cali anytime but labor day weekend would be a tough sell considering that most teams will already be stretched the following two weekends (BASA Worlds & USSSA Worlds in Florida). I think if you had a tourney earlier in the season you'd get more participation, just my 2 Cent.

What about in April or May?
We want to bring Black American Softball out this way. Any suggestions? would be considered.

What's the weather like in Norther Cali in March? That might be a good time because there aren't many other established BASA Tourneys then. That would be a good way to kick off the BASA tourney year, a trip to Sunny Cali. April & May would be tougher months also due to a number of other BASA tourneys then also. I think the key is to find a date early because that would be a major trip (cost-wise) for most teams that way teams will have time to re-up their money before other tourneys come around that they usually go to. Again, I don't have the answer, these are just my thoughts. Maybe help the BASA locate a park there for consideration for the world tourney in the next couple of years.

March is usually around 50 to low 70 with a possiblity of rain. As you know it's always a gamble. Northern california has numerous sites to handle the BASA World Tournament. Twin Creeks has a 10 field complext and 5 miles down the road in Fremont is additional 6 fields.
Sacramento has a park in Elk Grove that can accomondate the crowds and booths approx. 8 fields and baseball fields to accomendate the Comp bracket, and 5 miles up the road is the Sacramento sports complex that has an additional 4 to 5 fields. Look up www.twin-creeks.com and see for yourself.

Just the cost of traveling to Cali is more than the priceless experience itself. the farthest we are going this year will be the Nelly Tourney in the Lou.....So Browns.......we are coming...... Turn your lights down!!!!!1

Re: Re: Tournament in Northern California

That's a nice little drive just to come see us. What team are you representing?

California Gold & West Coast Playaz

My apologies Wondering from California.... My reply was supposed to be for #15 in reference to The STL Browns. So #15 who you wit?