BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark and Amy: Keep's it on the real. Your answers are posted

Mark/Amy

My significant other always turns his cell phone off when we are together. I didn't know it at first, but my battery died and I had to use his. He let me, but he had to turn it on, and when I was using it it showed several messages but he did not check them. And he then turned the phone right back off. He says he just doesn't want to be bothered, should I be worried.

Mark: Girl!! You've got problems! Obviously, there someone he's communicating with that he doesn't want you to know about. Be it an ex-girlfriend or someone he's just met, someone's calling him
regularly! There are times when we turn our phones off (church, work,important meetings, etc....), but this isn't one of them. He's running game and not doing a great job of it. Vibrate or silent modes
maybe, but never off! You two may need to have a sit down and discuss just where you two are going!! He's not playing fairly. I'm sure if you were doing the same he'd have a lot to say!

Amy: Hell to the yes you should be worried. If that's your man then he should feel comfortable enough to answer his phone in front of you, that is if he doesn't have anything to hide. The turn the phone off thing is a very ole skool move player. If you’re trying to play, play and be smooth about it, if you were smart you would answer your phone so your woman wouldn't think anything. Us women can answer our phone in front of our man and it be another man and we won't think nothing about it, because there probably won't be nothing to it, but when your man is using that dumb turn your phone off because I don't won't to be bothered excuse, you need to watch your back because more than likely he is trying to hide something. "Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness and those dumb men who specialize in them are seldom good at anything but excuses, excuses, and more dumb excuses. Try turning your phone off around him and see how he handles it.

Mark/Amy

If it were up to you how you would go about deciding where the BASA World Tournament is held from year to year? Not that the way its decided now is bad or wrong, I'm just curious to hear how you'd do it.

Mark: Most organizations have to do what's best for them. I'm sure BASA does just that! Yeah, it'd be nice to play in a complex similar to the ones in St. Louis or Columbus, but are those cities doing all of the things necessary to make BASA want to return? Obviously they're not.

Something forces BASA to choose to have the Worlds in different locations and I can't say that they're not doing it the right way. I have watched BASA grow over the past few years and I'm excited to see
what's around the corner. I probably wouldn't do it any differently than how it's currently being done.

Amy: I think a good way to decide is when they have the world each year, every team that participates should be able to leave their vote as to where they would like it to be the following year, and then they would tally up those votes and choose the most appropriate complex from that.

Mark/Amy

Is it possible for a man and a woman to be just friends (platonic)? I am talking about the kind of friends that hang out, talk often on the phone, do the lunch thing etc. just like you would with your girlfriends or guy friends.

Mark: Yes!! It's very possible! I have female friends that are as close as some of my male friends. Initially, there may have been some attraction or feelings, but we decided that being friends was a lot greater than being something more. We talk daily, their problems are my problems, if they need me I'm there in an instance. They come over to my house and hangs with my family. We all eat at the same table. Their boyfriends are also my friends. We're all one big happy family.
My wife, although at time has questions, has learned to accept our friendships for just that, friendships. If you're included in the friendship it make it a lot easier to understand. He should do a better job of helping you all become friends too. Good Luck!

Amy: Well to be honest yes I do. There are actually some people out there who have friends of the opposite sex. Then there are those dogs who try to befriend the opposite to try and get in. But overall yes you can have a platonic relationship with the opposite sex as long as both of you come into the friendship knowing that its that and only that, and no "It just happened type things because we are so close". Just kidding. But as far as a friend that you do the things you would do with your girlfriend, no. You can't ever treat a friend the way you would treat your woman. DUUHHHH Freaking DUUHHH. Two totally different women which you’re supposed to have two totally different feelings for.

Mark and Amy

I want to go back to school to further my education. It will cause some financial hardship in my household and my spouse is against it. It will benefit us greatly in the long term, but they cannot see this. I really want to go, what should I do.

Mark: Furthering your education is something you must do for yourself. It's your professional life that in question. You owe it to yourself! The more degrees, the better your chance of landing better jobs. I'm surprised that your spouse doesn't understand that! Although you may have to tighten up you household expenditures, it can be done.

I'm proud to say that my wife decided to go back to school and I supported her greatly. I burned the candle at both ends for about three years, earning every cent that I could to make ends meet. We now have a much larger home, filled with everything that we need. We have more money in both our accounts at the end of the month, and things couldn't have work any better. Take the time to draw up a financial
plan showing the following:
- Total current income vs.- Adjusted Income (minus your salary)

- Detailed Monthly Bills vs. - Areas where money can be saved

- Total current income vs. - Total possible Income (After School)

Numbers have a way of getting a man's attention. It's the loss of these numbers/dollars that are causing him to not be supportive. Help him better understand how this will benefit the entire family. If you can do this successfully, I'm sure he'll be very supportive.

Mark "Tell The Whole Truth" X

Amy: Well you have to be able to ask yourself if you were to go back to school would that be a burden on your family. If you’re working, would you have to quit your job, and would that make you struggle as far as being able to keep up the way you were when you were working? If so then I think you should think about taking classes on line, then that way everything would stay the same. But overall I would not knock anyone for trying to better themselves. An education is a great thing and will help you in the long run, but you have to be able to put in that time to get to where you’re trying to get, and your husband should understand and be willing to compromise with you. They do offer night classes maybe twice a week, but if that doesn’t work like I said check into classes that are offered on line. Tell your husband to Get his WEIGHT UP, stop trying to hold a sister back. Do you; get that education so you will be able to make that money honey.

Now that's on the fo real with ya Girl Amy always telling the truth, sexy as can be, shakur.

Re: Mark and Amy: Keep's it on the real. Your answers are posted

Amy,

Who are you. You are the baddest chick!

A few other things to consider when going back to school….Why are you going back to school? Money? Prestige? Something to do? Respect? Do you have kids? Will they suffer. See you had your chance and your kids shouldn't pay because you didn't do it right the first time. Maybe you should you wait till your kids are older. Hell we all WANT things what if your husband wanted a new Lexus that you couldn't afford should he just go and get it cause he wants to?

Amy, you were on the money with everything that you said. Mark I'm not to sure about you. Now lets keep it real! 1st you can be friends with someone of the opposite sex BUT what if your mate aint feeling it what if your mate thinks that your friend really wants you. Then you might have to ask yourself is this friendship really worth me arguing with my spouse about. 2nd what works for some may not work for all Mark just because you made it working with 2 jobs everyone may not be able too due to the fact that they work 12,13, 14 hr days. What if there are kids envolved that need to be taken care of? You have to ask yourself what is in the best intrest of everyone involved. Dont get me wrong getting your education is important but sometimes you might have to just be patient. Amy said it best look into going to school on line. There is a school called AIU on line and it's nice. Like most I have a full time job, 2 kids, softball, basketball coach, and church functions, I recently graduated with a 3.7 gpa from there. My point is I had to work my but off to do it but I was still able to get it done and keep doing all of my other things with the help of a lap top. Just my thoughts and as alway REAL TALK. 1

AMY,AMY,AMY...... ...You should answer question by yourself,because you're on point, and you feel both sides......"CHURCH"......Now...MARK...I thought maybe you started good then fell off...you must have an OPEN relationship....anyway...it was a little better...be more like AMY ,she's blowing up....CLAP,CLAP,CLAP....

Mark,

Don't change. You seem like the perfect family man. Amy you keep it real too. It looks like you have been through some of the same struggles some of us sisters have dealt with.

A Family Man,hmmm...but was a player last week....telling us to watch our women....Brush your shoulders off...MARK...sympathy seems to go along way...Do what you do....But AMY holds it down for BOTH...."CHURCH"...so please don't take it personal...but I'm sure you have something to say.....don't crack under pressure....you already show'd a weakness....and DON'T THINK WE DIDN'T pick up on it......"CHURCH"

Those answers are great in a perfect world. First of all women are jealous people....Men allow women to anwswer and talk to men but woman assume you are screwing them...... maybe you are but maybe you ain't. I've seen women get upset when men do answer there phone to talk with the baby mom.....don't forget about that because usually if you are 30 and older you have kids. So the questions and answers can be flip.
Going back to school is a great thing but if you are going to cause money problems....remember that 65% of divorces come from money problems...so you choose.
Also I think women could be friends but usually if both are attractive the ....it's either they have already boned are the sexual attraction is there personelly I would not want my woman around anybody like me.....keeping it real...because if you are beautiful I'm going to look and think and be nice and extra flirtatious.....I think ugly people and obese people can have opposite sex friends....my opinion...not trying to hurt someone feelings!!!!!1

#15 You are a mess. I just could not keep my mouth shut. First, of all men don't allow women nothing. It depends on the maturity of the two individuals. I have not had any problems at all being friends with males,a couple are my best friends. When I am in a relationship I introduce my mate to my male friend to keep it in the open to show that it is strickly friendship.

GA MIXX IS NOT NUMBER ONE, BELIEVE THAT.

To #15, I am so glad this is called Mark and Amy and not #15 and Amy. First off men need to learn how to be just that, MEN. The answering of the phone thing, everyone knows thats the oldest trick in the book whether its a baby momma or cut buddy, If the man is with his women, in order to keep piece sometimes they will say "Oh its my baby momma I don't feel like hearing her mess", when its usually the cut buddy calling from another field trying to hook up for the night. Keep it real because I sure am. And about the college thing, never try to hold a woman back. If she wasn't able to continue managing her household then I don't think she would be considering going back to college. Do your thang Girl. This is your girl Amy keeping it real on Friday, you thought Nelly was #1, I'm the realest and baddest #1, and #15 is just that,too far down the line for me, so please don't listen to anything he has to say. No hard feelings #15.
One and Only Amy always telling the truth, sexy as can be,shakur. Now I'm the Baddest Chick.

But Amy did you tell your Man that you and your friend only became friends when the relationship didn't work. You might think you the realest but everyone has an opinion and thats all that matters....the opinion of the one that you trust!!!!!1