BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does bat speed and/or weight of bat = distance of ball?

What's up board!!!!

I just want to get input of what you think is the deciding factor when it comes to hitting for distance when two people are
1)using the same brand bat
2)using the same core ball

Is it bat speed?
Is it the weight of the bat?
Is it both?
Why?

Re: Does bat speed and/or weight of bat = distance of ball?

If you don't then you need to and this is it work out top and bottom,but if your looking for distance (bat speed is very good being able to get around on the ball and hitting spots),but there nothing like having a strong bottom.

for distance: you should swing the heaviest bat without losing bat speed. if you can swing a 26oz bat 75mph and you can swing a 28oz bat 75mph swing the 28oz. if you lose bat speed with a higher oz then you lose pop. if you use a bat too light the ball may jump off it good but may die at the end of flight. i know their are guys who swing light bats and hit the ball very far. i am sure their swing speed and personal strength are the factors. get together with some people and hit some balls and hopefully there with be bats with different weights at the session.

you want to swing the bat that you can maintain your speed of your swing after contact of the ball....