BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Consider Changing Your World Tourney Dates

Have you all considered having your World Tourney on Labor Day weekend? That way you'll probably have more team participating due to the fact that the following Monday will be a holiday. Please consider this for '06! Thanks!

Re: Consider Changing Your World Tourney Dates

EXCELLENT IDEA, THAT KEEPS THE KLASH OF HAVING TO GO BACK-TO-BACK WEEKENDS (PLUS TIME OFF THE JOB) WITH USSSA, WHICH SOME TEAMS LIKE DOING BOTH. THIS WAY YOU GET QUALITY IN BOTH TOURNEYS, WHICH TRANSLATES INTO SHOWING THE BEST SOFTBALL PRODUCT(BLACK-AMERICAN)IN THE WORLD, TO THE WORLD. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.

I agree on this. I think playing the caliber of play you need to in order to do well in the worlds is a tough act for back to back week-ends especially if you have played practically every week-end. It wears on you no matter how good you are or what shape you are in. Probably 50% of the players is no big thing but the other 50% whether they will admit it or not its hard for them to hang.

Why does BASA have to change, why doesn't USSSA move their date.

I totally agree, with the Labor Day weekend, however the USSSA worlds are already scheduled for Disney Sept. 14th - 17th.

I am sure BASA bid packages have a date on it as well. And you can't go to these cities and say hey can we change the date.

WE NEED TO CONSIDER THAT HAVING TOURNAMENTS ON HOLIDAY WEEKENDS ALWAYS ADD EXTRA COST SUCH AS HOTELS,CAR RENTALS AND AIRLINE PRICES.AND ALSO THE ADDED TRAFFIC ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

USSSA HAS MOVE THEIR DATES ONCE SO THEY WANTED BUMP HEADS. BEFORE IT WAS BASA, USSSA HAD THAT WEEKEND AND THEY STARTED BUMPING HEAD AND USSSA MOVE THEIR WORLDS TO THE THIRD WEEKEND. KEEP THE WORLDS LIKE IT IS.

Well Put Reporter. I don't care if they are on the same weekend, I'm BASA ALL DAYAY!

Let's do it big one year and head to Vegas!

How about even BIGGER......... Hawaii

How about going to Cali or FLA one year. I think it is time for the BASA to do it big with flight arrangements, hotels, and a party on south beach Miami. Holla back.

Being in Florida I would love to see it here, but with that being the prime of Hurricane season, that would be a big risk!

labor day weekend would be nice do it big las vegas

Me .....Vegas , would be VERY hard to keep me off the strip and freemont street. Anywhere but Vegas

How long will it be before we build a complex near BASA headquarters and hold it there?