BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Class-Act & Xtreme united, is it true???

I heard over the weekend that class-act & xtreme are combinding teams is that true wolf & zack?

Re: Class-Act & Xtreme united, is it true???

Zack & i are talking!!

Why would Class Act and X-treme combine they let Wolf go last season what so different now please for the good of the Lou don't merge too many headcases over there starting with DP & Reggie.

If this does go down it's suppose to be my 7 & zack's 7 players. This not likely to happen because of tha people who would play. Everyone knows Xtreme cut me due to tha fact i voiced my opinion on a team that really feed off on what i left in 2002 aka class-act, undercover,xtreme=really class-act!! so we will see.

i heard about that, & ever since they got rid of you they have'nt won nothing & you & derrtysquad was doing the dam thing. Dont combine because reggie & d.p. deserve each other although they still have some good players over ther i just can't see you guyz coming together.

What 7 players are you taking and what seven is Zack taking?

I talked to wolf last night & to my understanding this deal might not happen because of some issues from last year with one key player that zack has. So i'll bet to say it won't go down next year.

The controversy surronds who will play shortstop, thats the deal breaker Who was Xtreme shortstop last year and why doesn't want to play with hands of stone at shortstop newsflash brought to you by your nfriendly neighborhood

Man, it's really not about tha SS spot, it's more on tha reason why i got cut, & he wants to bring him on board. Tha SS fo X last year will not be tha SS fo my team next year if tha deal goes through. We have a SS from out of town & to be trully honest ghost I have more than7 good ball players so we'll see.

Who is the shortstop?If you guys combine it would be for the best.I heard class act only had about 5 players that is why no one will name them. If im wrong name them

To tha fan, we have a total of 12 ball players that's on tha team. We just made a very,very big pick up last night about 8:30 last night. I don't need to name them but i guess your wondering about tha white players, i have 4 & it's a rotation on performance, but where only going to play certain basa tourn. All you really need to know is teams are stacking & loading there teams & we are just trying to compete with tha heavyweights!!

Hey fan ask church, he will tell you who hands of stione is and it'a aint Roberto Duran, but I'll give you a hint it's Chief Fumble Thumbs, or Bootsie, aka The Matador OLE!

I thought 3xworldschamp addressed this a couple of weeks ago when he stated that, "if we could combine 2 or 3 teams in the Da Lou we would dominate again but the issue would be controlling the ego's".

I would be interested in his reaction to this latest rumor considering the fact that he played with both Class Act and Xtreme. Well 3xworldschamp can it work?

Don't you love the off season scuttlebutt. COACH D OUT!

WELL! WELL! WELL!!! FELLOWS, I BEEN SLEEPING BUT THIS MESSAGE HAS RISEN ME FROM THE DEAD. THE CONCEPT OF THE MERGER IS A GOOD THOUGHT, BUT I STILL THINK WE ARE YEAR OR TWO AWAY FROM A BIG STL MERGER. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE REAL REASON IS THAT'S KEEPING THE MERGER FROM HAPPENING, BUT I SEE TWO MAJOR ISSUES. THE FIRST ISSUE...THE SHORT STOP ISSUE. WOLFF HAS HIS OWN SHORT-STOP IN MIND AND EXTREME SHORT-STOP WHO IS A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR AND RUMORED TO HAVE USED THAT WEIGHT TO GET WOLFF REMOVED FROM THE TEAM LAST YEAR, DON'T MIX. THE TRUTH IS...THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED. SECONDLY, WITH THE RETURN OF ZACK TO THE TEAM, BRINGS A DIFFERENT ISSUE. THIS ISSUE IS WITH ZACK AND REGGIE WHOM OFTEN CRASHED HEADS IN GAME SITUATIONS. IF ZACK IS BACK, REGGIE SHOULD BE DONE. SO ALTHOUGH THE MERGER CONCEPT SOUNDS GOOD, COULD POSSIBLY BE GOOD, WITH THESE TWO TEAMS, I DON'T BELIEVE THIS MERGER WILL TAKE PLACE THIS YEAR. TUFO

Very well spoken, little fella; U still the best leadoff man in softball. And u still my cat.

THANKS FOR THE SCOUT BIG #55. (THOSE WHERE THE DAYS!!)

Yeah, IT'S ME!!!

I have seen the comments and it ain't nothing that I ain't heard before. But I have a LOT to say, so I won't waste time!

First, good luck to Class Act & Xtreme this year, whether they're together or apart.

Yepp, that's right, I'M DONE!!! But not for the reason my room-dog suggested. Yes, Zack and I didn't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. But neither did Rodney and I & neither did Wolf and I, but that didn't stop those teams from winning 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! In fact, and for the record, neither has DC and I, neither has Lil Mike and I, neither has Randle and I, but even with a sub-par Xtreme season, we were STILL more successful than a lot of teams. I think I have proven that winning is what matters most to me and unless they played on teams that I played on, I don't know of MANY that have been MORE successful than the players of Explosion, Class Act, and Xtreme!!! Anybody want to count 'em up?

Now, there are several reasons I am calling it quits. First, I am 44 yrs old! Second, the game is not the same game I have grown to love. And third (and probably most importantly), the players (and their mentalities) aren't the same as they used to be. (This deserves more discussion.)

It used to be a time when we could (and would) more easily count the number of guys who weren't at workouts or practices. (Remember those days, room-dog?) It used to be a time when guys came to games an hour before, even it things were running behind, just to be with their team!!! It was NEVER a case of guys ********* and talkin' about their TEAMMATES to others, let alone to people who weren't even on the team.

Hey I realize times change, people change. But what I also realize is that, if a GAME isn't fun, you shouldn't play it!!! And that's where I'm at.

Now, for those of you who say I'm a headcase, your turn!!! You call me a headcase, that's fine. (I've been called worse.) But one thing for sure, if you have EVER played on a team with me, one thing you know is, on the field AND off the field, I gave my all for MY TEAM. Whether it was hustling my butt off and begging any and everybody I could for a dime, so you didn't have to pay one, you can NEVER say I didn't give my all for whatever team I was associated with! Whether it was being a TEAM player and not being on the field when I KNOW I should have been, so someone else could quit ********** I did it for the TEAM!!! Now, if you played with one of the teams I mentioned previously, can you honestly say you did that!!!?

The fact of the matter is, I don't enjoy playing the game anymore. And even though I don't care when people talk about me, I don't want to go to a war with guys who don't believe in me, like I believe in them. I don't want to hit the field with guys who don't want me there. I don't want to compete against GOOD teams with guys who spend more of their time talking about me and others on their team, than working on their game.

The game has changed, the players motivation has changed, but most of all, I have changed.

Hey, I'll still be around, hopefully, making some money umpiring and talking about the good old days!!!

Good luck to ALL the St. Louis teams, and I really hope that someday the envy and jealousy ends, and the talent of the STL rises again AND one day we can talk about the STL again like we did during the days of Supreme, Explosion, and Class Act!!!

By the way, has any other STL team won a championship???

And on that note, I'm out!!!

Machine, what's up? you've made some good points about tha issues at hand.You & i are still cool, & it was'nt yo doing on my departure from Xtreme. Yes tha game has changed & i was telling alot of players that when i came back home but some thought i was just tripping because i've been away fo 2 1/2 years. I wish you tha best & you're always welcome back to Class-Act!!!!

Dang, reggie it look like you have alot on your mind.
It's o.k becauseeee
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!HA HA HA
Sorry had to get that out...
UUHHMMM Go ahead!!!!

Greene#44..Signing..OFF..

Reggie #6 I for one hate to see you leave the team and the game. I don't know if you were aware but I'm going to be on Xtreme's coaching staff this year and was looking forward to going to war with you for a change instead of against you. We've always been cool and will stay that way..see you at my cooler I've got a cold one for you anytime
COACH D OUT!

Guys, Guys, Guys, someone brought to my attention this site. I have been in "aw" since reading the various comments. I had no idea how much the egos were attributable to the success or failure of the game/formation of teams, etc. I've enjoyed for years cheering on ALL the STL teams at the various tournaments I have attended. However, it's unfortunate my view has been tainted (not that you care) due to my discoveries through reading. I guess boys will be boys regardless if you're 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 years old. At least with the little leaguers they still believe in the concept of "T" in team and not misspell it with an "I". Altbough, it's the adults that screw that up for them, like egotistical coaches.

Oh well, whatever happens I'm sure I will still continue to support the "LOU" at any tournaments I attend. Heck I was a St. Louis Cardinals football fan til the end.:)

But for the record, to my number one player & you know who you are....you are my FAVORITE guy regardless if you are on or off the field or if you decide to participate or not!!!

Good Luck in 2006 to all of you.

Your #1 STL Cheerleader

room-dog well it seems that the CLASS-ACT/EXTREME issue has been set straight. thanx for all memories from way back(92-present). we where joined together 13 yrs ago and have competed TOGETHER for a long time now we just wait for our BASA HALL OF FAME call. now lets move to the other side of the field and get that momey.(CASH MOVES EVERYTHING AROUND ME BRING ME THE MONEY DOLLA,DOLLA BILL YA'LL.)TUFO STL. CITY HITTERS