BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STEROIDS!???? It's in BASA....the PLAYERS that is....Should we TEST

I don't care about you...swell up to fall rapidly.....softball players looking like Pro Wrestlers and Bodyguards....but you're built and growning uneven lil legs,Big top....or Big legs,lil top....some look like Bumpy Capitol letters P,B,Q,D....EXODUS,WADE,NKO, what you think and you too GHOST....

Re: STEROIDS!???? It's in BASA....the PLAYERS that is....Should we TEST

This should be a good one Tito. It will be interesting to see what players have to say.
Me I don't use steroids never have.

Well i'll be tha first to admit it out tha crew. I use to pop it back in 2000 & 2001. Every one rememberd that heartattack i had rounding 2nd base at forestwood. i've been clean ever since & being on parole you have to stay clean!!! but at tha same time tha guy who taught me how to hit died from it so believe me i've learn my lesson. Plus you get ****** off all tha time fo no reason. I guess back in tha day people use to trip off me so much because wants your wired nothing else matters.!! fo tha guyz that's on it now know's i'm telling tha truth.

Wolf, it takes a real man to admit when he has made a mistake. It also takes a real man to talk about so big ups to you my brother. As for me I have never taken any type of performance drugs. To be honest I sometime wish that I had so that I could ripped and hit the ball a mile, but just never got up the courage to try it I guess.

EX, what's up derrty. Man it was tha thing in tha white circuit here & you get hook ups with some guyz & i'm glad i'm done with it because it's a real effect on yo mind because you don't (FEEL)! i mean i work out preety good now & careful on what i take but wants you start taking that attitude to home & etc & don't leave it in tha gym, than your problem will become a monster. You'll have nose bleeds,heart pumping 2 or 3 times faster & your attitude will be as big as tha (ARCH),& you'll think & feel like you'r superman thinking you can take bullets!!!!!! F##k THAT.

First of all I would like to say to Wolf that my hat is off to you brother and I was at the game when you had that heart attack. We all feared for you. I'm glad you are man enough to take a stand against something that could have harmed you for the rest of your life or took your life. People that take these drugs only wants results (athleticically) not realizing that it could be harmful to their health for life,possibly paralyzing. I have never taken any kind of performance drug/dietary supplements because I always feared the worse. When I was in the military I knew of some doctors that was foreign doctors that you could easily give them a about three/four hundred and received them monthly. I have seen a person that had a massive heart attack and is paralyzed on his left side. Wolf hard gym work and determination can overcome all that the steroids has to offer and not even speaking on the enjoyment of not having that attitude(I remember because you and I have had one when you was taking them) People listen to one of the premier players on this BASA website and he can tell you first hand on the effects and why not to deal with this drug. Good topic. Wolf's real talk on Thursday. Holla back!!!!!!!!!!!No get the funk out of NKO's zone.

In college football I have seen it alot. Also playing on tht white circuit I seen it alot. We had a player who shot himself in the wrong spot and could not play that weekend. He hit some nerve in his back. I have read about it many times, but I would be too scared for health reasons. By the way Church, my legs will not grow. The 3rd Basemen from the STL Stars teased me about that at Nelly's tournament. LOL !!! But I work hard and I do not take roids.

Wolf, I'm glad to hear you got off them Roids!
Oh what a life they almost destroyed
There is no where to hide only one way to stay clean
He can tell you they make you mean
People take them just to improve their game
It works in reverse they will destroy your name
Lets put a stop to it all men of color
It's hard to tell one pill from another
If you think it's ok then you don't know jack
It gave my man a heart attack
Life is to precious and life is too short
Make sure you have a clean report (end)
Ladies and Gentlemen this is just a game and life is to short. If you are using please..please read Wolf's and NKO's post this is no joke this is real talk!! I would hate to loose another brother! 1 Holla back Church

Hi everyone...

Even though I know that steroids are being used by men and women on all circuits, I feel that BASA (players, coaches, fans) should promote healthy habits because of the health risks African Americans already face. Plus, it is much more amazing watching athletes who perform off of natural ability and hard work.

It doesn't amaze me when I see a highly muscular man, like Swol or Reggie, hit the ball about 10 miles because that is what they are suppose to do with all those muscles. But it is something to talk about when someone like Tito, Wolf, JB (Godfather Mgmnt), Smallz and other men of the like stature hit it 10 miles.

As far as testing, steroids is not the only dangerous substance being used by some BASA players. If BASA tests for steroids, they should test for weed, crack, cocaine, etc.

Ms.miller, first of all i'm not as bog as Reggie or Swoll, but i'm not a Tito's or Smalls side either. Before i started taking roids i was weighing 190lbs,while on them i got to 210lbs in one month & maintain my weight by doing certain things with my body. I've been off now since 2001 & i weigh at 220lbs. By just changing my diet, & learning more about tha body in college & also being a personal trainer it's easy to maintain with out tha roids. Back than i did'nt no that all i wanted to do is get big as well as stronger quicker than what i was doing. I lost alot of mass but alot more cut in tha body. So i did'nt start tha size as them it just took a different effect on me than others. From benching 405lbs back than & throwing up 375lbs is cool with me.

Wolf man you know i know the deal with you back than! I'm just glad & kind of shock that you told these people about that. I got mad respect for you because i know a few players would'nt dare on saying nothing & they know who they are so wolf & your team good luck next year & yes stay healthy..

Hey Wolf,
First of all you told that and you didn't have to, second you don't have to explain yourself. If people hold on to what we've done in the past then we will never get anywhere, we all have tryed different things that we not gone tell, but you live and learn and hopefully move forward, but sometimes people don't. Nobody's perfect out here, you play excellent ball, we all know you are good at what you do. Just know that if nobody else actually ADMIRE you, just for being who you are with your foughts and all I do.We all could be better people, some just choose not too be.
Love Always,
The Real #1 Fan

Being honest about anything in life that one has experienced shows growth both mentally and spiritually

It shows that one has come to terms with what happened in their life,they've made a change and they have moved on Regardless of what people think of them...

We've all done things in our lives that we aren't too proud of,but when the time comes can you speak about it? Can you share with someone else,that maybe going thru the same thing? Or do you hold it in and remain sick (mentally)and lie to yourself?

Wolf. Big ups! I respect you even more NOW! I hope that you can live a healthier life now and we all now the purpose of us being alive..... is to support our kids.....so keep up the good work Brotha...WE SUPPORT YOU!

WOLF - ALL BLESSINGS ARE UPON YOU FOR RECEIVING YOUR SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE. CONTINUE TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND KEEP TELLING YOU BROTHERS AND SISTER ABOUT IT. IT WILL AND IS HELPING OTHERS, EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE IS LISTENING. BELIEVE ME THEY ARE LISTENING. AGAIN THANKS, IT COULDNT HAVE HAPPEN TO A BETTER PERSON. GOD KNOWS HIS FLOWERS AND PICKS THEM WELL AND USE THEM TO HIS ADVANTAGE TO DO HIS WILL.

A FRIEND IN CHRIST, MUCH LUV 4 YA

Hey Wolf, this is your leading actor. I just wanted to commend you as well. It does take a lot of guts to openly talk about things you know were wrong, in your past. I have always said that the BASA circuit has a lot of people shooting up and for what, SOFTBALL? I think its crazy that people would have to take steroids to hits a ball coming at you at 2 miles per hour. Again, much respect and being that you've been clean for a few years now, I know you can hit. I saw that bomb you hit at the Clarksville tournament.

Ball or Fall,tre #1, Ex, & also to my #1 fan thanks fo tha support & i do feel like i'm living a second life. I'm not here to impress people i'm here to be real with everyone i come in contact with. If i don't no yo face but here yo name in tha tournaments next year i'll be tha first to say what's up!! I can go on & on about tha (ROIDS) but it's really self spoken for.Good luck to all tha teams in 06, but i'm really looking fo tha challenges with Graystone,Team BBQ, Air Mac,Citty Hittas,Xtreme,Storm, & yes Derrty Squad. It's going to be alot of fun & D-Towns i did'nt forget about you or West Coast & East Side Players. I have nothing but full respect fo these teams i just name, & if i did'nt name yo team than make me respect you, in a good way & that's just fo (SUPER-REC) sorry competitive teams. If BASA lowered tha Hr's to 8 than i would love to come up that way because defense would more come involved than it is now. To tha BASA families including tha ladie teams see you soon at a park near you!!LOL

Hey Wolf
As well as the others who commended you, I think it's cool that you shared with us when you didn't have to. Please forgive me if I offended you by comparing you to the others.

I wanted to speak up about the health factors of African Americans and what BASA can do to help promote a healthy lifestyle. You speaking about it will help someone one else, you know? I am sure that none of us wants to lose a fellow athlete or a close friend because of what it pumping through their blood.

Ms. Miller i was'nt really tripping off of what you were saying i was mainly saying i walk alone & i compare myself to no one. No disrespect to you at all, take care & god bless!