BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toughest loss or Best win you ever been a part of

Describe your Toughest loss or best win you were ever a part of. You know the kind where everytime your in a game that comes to that same senario that you think back on it hoping it either does or doesnt happen again.
My toughest loss was I think either 1996 or 1997 and those new Blue EST were out. There was a Worth Tournament in Lexington South Carolina where the winner would get 15 bats...well we were up 16 runs in the bottom of the 6th with 1 out, this team from North Carolina called Lumberjacks had not hit 1 of their 10 homeruns yet this team scored 26 runs on us to run rule us.......hit their last bomb on a walk off g-slam. We had to play again right after that ....3 inning game they beat us again 35-7....Instead of a $250 dollar bat I got a runner-up $2 tourney T-shirt and a plastic water bottle and yes I was very sick after that tourney.

Re: Toughest loss or Best win you ever been a part of

The win over "Derrty" at the "WORLDS" was BIG,but for me and the Atlanta Storm Family,I thought the biggest win this yr had to be the Championship Game in Tallahassee (1-9 Tourney)....We came back from 6 runs down in the "if" Game,bottom of 7th with 2 outs to win the Game and the $1000.00

The biggest loss had to be not winning either "WORLDS" this yr, We set our goal for the yr to win both "WORLDS" and we fell short,still a successful Season... 2006 will be the same as far as setting the GOAL high..WINNING BOTH WORLDS!

D24,

Was there, you guys played a hell of a tournament and that comeback showed the chraracter of the Atlanta Storm.

I think tha toughest loss to me was tha (NAP-TOWN) tourn. We lost to Graystone 17-0 in front of a big crowd, & was totally embarrased & Nelly was crazy upset. Than tha biggest win was coming back through tha losers bracket & knocking Graystone, & double dipping tha East Side Players in tha (CHIP) as well as winning NELLY's first ever Major TOURNAMENT. That one was preyy nice,playing 10 games & pitching tha last 6, & slept my azz off tha next day. LOL

It was 100 degrees that weekend and to loose the 1st Game and come back and win 10 straight and to beat "School of Hardknocks" twice was awesome!

**** Wolf,

I didn't know you guys did it like that in Naptown. I guess the Naptown and Tallahassee prepared you two for the great battle in B-Ham. If it was on ESPN that would have an Instant Classic.

911 that weekend was off tha chain & to top it off Big Gip & old girl that was pregnet in next friday came to tha tournament & chilaxed with us. So it was nice!!!

Tha classic loss was against tha sorm 10-9 it took o boy in leftfield a perfect 10 to catch that ball head first towords tha fence to end a great game!!

I miss tha t in storm,sorry!!

The toughest loss in the 4 plus years I coached Impact is easy because it was this season our first game in the World Friday night we lost to a team called the 3D Boyz that no one had ever even seen at any of the other major tournaments.

The game was called for time limit, IN THE 5TH INNING! There isn't any doubt in my mind that game cost us a World Title this year. We battled back from the losers bracket to finish somewhere in the top 10 on Sunday. Best win also this season, sorry Wolf your still my Derrty but run ruling Class Act in Squad 1's Tournament at Woodlands. COACH D OUT!

P.S. Class Act came back and double dipped us on Sunday

Coach D,all these's year we've had great battle with tha magnum Force dayz, & we've always been cool with each other & looking forword to some more wars with you!

Hardest lost to me was my mother. She always asked on Sunday how did we do. The biggest win this year was beating CSM in six innings at the World when we already had a lost and was down by 11 runs in the 3rd about to get short game in 4 innings and came back to when in 7 by several runs. then we went on to win about six more.(IMPACT see you later).

Wolf, I look foward to some of those battles again because they was some of the biggest games ever played in the Lou.(Magnum4life)

the toughest lost for Our team was the two L's we took against the Eastplayas. That is the only team with a winner record against us. thuis upcoming season will provide some great fireworks because we had problems leaving the state to play ball but I heard last night that we will be coming to the Lou for Nelly tourney. SO The Browns; I have just put you on alert....Since it's your hometown...go ahead and request US....Don't think I forgot about all the Talk.
South Ga Magic!!!!!1

I'm not bragging and don't even have the big head,but every since the world in columbus,OH primetime defeated us five times the whole 05 season, but at the world in B-ham we gave them there first and final loss in the tournament(putting them in the loser bracket and sending them home)those wins were big for our ball club.

I agree with you #15 losing to Eastside both times where tough but the one that got me was the game before that in the worlds losing by 1 when we could have won if I go with my first instinct to go up and get the ball before it hit the fence and bouncing over for a 3 run shot instead of listing to my other outfielder telling me it was gone. My toughest lost

2 losses from this year stick out in my mind the most, first loosing to the Storm in the Championship game of the Nelly Tourney. Those final two games against them were like a heavyweight brawl with us coming up a little short in the end. The other tough loss was against Team BBQ at the BASA Worlds in the championship game, we were the home team & down by two in final two innings with 2 HR's left and couldn't score 2 bleepin' runs, that one still burns because they never scored again & ended up loosing by 2. But the best win was the following weekend in Orlando when we completed the job we couldn't get done the week before and double dipped BBQ for the championship after they'd run-ruled everyone in the tourney they played. Now that's (as James Brown would say) the big PAYBACK!!

Hey Coach D its the Triple D'S.That was a big win for us.This was the 1st year that BASA went to playing 2 games on Friday for some teams and that was a big advantage,easily one of the best games i pitched.

Big Vic congratulations to your squad on that win I knew your name involved 3 D's, we shot ourselves in the foot a few times but your squad earned the "W". Look forward to facing you next season however Coach D will be wearing different colors but I'll look you up though. COACH D OUT