BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting News about Young Geezy

What's up fam? Today in the news I heard that kids were wearing T-shirts with a snowman on it and they are being told that they can not wear them to school because the school board said that they said that it represents people who sell drugs (cocaine). What you think?

Re: Interesting News about Young Geezy

Anything dealing with hip hop will be banned from any school because of the sterotypes.
Man when I was in school I saw white boys wearing the dixie outfitters shirts with the confederate flag. Nothing said nothing done. I also seen shirts at school saying "Yo grand momma pick cotton to make this shirt". but i'm from the south so that might be the norm. Why pay attention to what's on the shirt and teach these kids. It is easier to kick a kid out of school than deal with the issues. It's just a shirt. I bet that school don't have a drug awarness course. Go figure!!!!!1

That's why I say the kids should wear uniforms. Yeah #15 it "should" not matter what the kid is wearing but in reality it does. I would think it would be difficult to teach class if everybody's busy looking at a t-shirt whether it's a confederate flag or a snowman bottom line, it distracts the kids and occupies there mind with non-sense. Good point on the drug awareness programs but aren't we, the parents the drug awareness program. And another thing why are we letting our kids go to school with a snowman t-shirt knowing full well what it means?

WOULD YOU LET YOUR KIDS WEAR IT ANYTIME? I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T LET MINE WEAR THEM ANYTIME.

The line between adult material and what is suitable for children has disappeared. You guys are right in saying that the ban on the shirts should start at home. It shouldn't even be an issue with the schools. It's one thing for the kids to enjoy Jeezy's music that is suitable for radio airplay. It's another thing for them to go deeper into the lyrics and like what he is talking about. That's where the problem lies. If they are walking around with the attitude that being the "snowman" is cool, then that is a problem that needs to be addressed. If they are simply Young Jeezy fans, that's another story, but I still wouldn't let my 17 year old daughter or son for that matter wear the shirt.

We are so busy censoring things kids are wearing but are we censoring what they are listening to. Radio play or not. the message is there. Isley Brothas= sex, TI, Jezzy= drugs,gangs basically I'm saying is the material today is not far from the material of yesterday. We won't let our kids wear a T-shirt to school but give them condoms to protect themselves from the spead of diseases. That mean they are having sex.......Wake Up!!!!!! Ok... They kids can't wear white t-shirts, black t-shirts, snowman shirt.....then what can they wear. don't forget these t-shirts are very INEXPENSIVE but I bet you will go out and buy all the name brands. and if you say you don't that is hard to believe because in every sucessful black household there are the kids who wear the Nike, Jordans Ecko, Encyee etc.....Also I bet you will go spend $300 on a bat but can't by you 16 or 17 year old a Sean John outfit. Please... I've been a teacher and we need to focus on why are these school so quik to throw a black youth out of school. Let's fight things that are meaningful. Decoys.... that is what is going on. for all we know we don't know if the kid know anything about drugs and yes parents are drug awareness but the drugs are not at home they are in the school, on the bus, and on the way home....So lets not dwell on the small battle; lets fight the WAR of Inadequate schools. You have some highschool that below average in acedemics..... will you fight that in your community??????1

from one educator to another. i totally agree with you #15

#15 The WAR is won by winning the small battles. By talking about drug use at home and preparing our children at home they'll know how to handle situations when they arise in schools, on the bus and in the streets. Small battle won! The kid with the shirt may not have known what the snowman meant but chances are he did and you being a former teacher knows that it would have been a distraction. As I stated earlier I'm in favor of uniforms to at least eliminate the clothes distraction. For parents that can't afford the uniforms PTA would help sponsor those kids, another small battle won. As for the inadequate schools, Yes I do fight that by attending PTA, raising funds and staying involved, yet another small battle won. Let's not just be angry that there are problems lets be part of the solution. As parent we should be obligated.

Well said #15.....We should be AMY & MARK....more Like #15 & #2 ask US...but this true it's overrated....I don't see it no different than wearing a BOB MARLEY Shirt....remember those....WEED all over it...where's my shirt at.... I'm out of your zone EXODUS just had to put some church on it...here

What up Fam? Just checking in finally. Church you did put some real talk on here when you said that about Bob Marley. So if a kid wears frosty the snowman on a shirt is he going to get in trouble? (just a thought)
It's up to the parents and the rest of the fam to teach our kids right from wrong and the troubles that we will endure as african americans and we should teach our kids how to rise above that by getting our education. Me personally I had no idea of what it meant to wear a shirt with a snowman... guess I'm getting old (lol)They also did the same thing when that song in my white T came out. Kids could not wear white T's to school. Come on now where do we draw the line? These are just my thoughts.

No we don't draw the line like DM #18 said. Just let it be. I don't think uniforms would solve the problems. by the youth wearing the shirt#18( what happened?)Did he carry cocaine to school or did he carry a gun to school. I did not see the stoppage of Leather trench coats when the boys shoot up columbine high. This again is a hidden racial agenda. Strip the people of their liberties. "If you don't fight for something then you will fall for anything" My kids are getting the lesson at home but I'm looking out for the parent who does not know how to talk to theie kids about sex and drugs. It should be done at the next place the kids spend majority of their time..... SCHOOL! TEACH TEACHER TEACH!!!!!1

For parents who dont know how to talk to their kids about drugs, sex, alcohol, you better call somebody and you better learn. I would not leave it up to the schools to teach my kids about these things - you dont know what they are going to get but if you speak to them you can instill in them that "they" have to take a stand, they have to have morals and the wherewithall to make a decision about what is right and what is wrong - you teach them that then you will know they know the right things. Would you want your daughter to learn at school that its okay to have sex as long as she is protected, or would you want to teach your daughter, you save yourself for the man you marry. There will come a time when she will make the decision but dont let it be at 12 or 13 or 14 let it be when she is an adult and can fully understand what its all about. Would you want your son to be taught at school that marijuana isnt that bad, just a little weed or would you want to teach him that no drug is little and if he starts marijuana in grade school or jr. high/sr. high, what will he have graduated to by the time he reaches college. Think about it. You are your childs best teacher and best educatur when it comes to life's lessons.

#18 clothing and hygiene will always be a distraction whether they have uniforms or not. remember some kids will have dirty clothing dirty shoes and improper hygiene and having uniforms will not cut down the teasing which promotes the low self esteem. wearing uniforms may effect a childs individuality as to who they are and there culture. hip hop(dressing) is part of the black culture and should be embraced mot frowned upon. without the success of the hip hop generation what would these young brothers and sisters be doing. who dictates that wearing shirt and a tie is professional.i personally am a very successful small business owner as well as teacher and the only time i wear a tie is to some type of black tie event and my wife will not have it any other way. I consider my self to very professional. i am getting off base hear but in summation uniforms are just another ploy for some one to get rich because we all no who will be manufacturing these uniforms. taking money out of the black community steering our kids away from wanting to purchase black made (clothing) merchandise. education is big business that why lobbyist are in ATL promoting all these differant programs test books ect...its not about the kids its about money. to educate a child all you need is a good book a computer parental support a good teacher and a good oak paddle.

Wow! First timer you said a mouth full. And to parents gotta learn. Obviously we(BASA FAMILY) are well verse with what to do because alot of us have been to college played ball and have learned things but I'm not talking about us. I'm talking about Keisha in the projects; who don't go to PTA meetings, and don't take time out to teach their kids because they wasn't taught. If you don't think that these kids are OUR responibilty the you are wrong. As a people we have fell short of "it takes a village to raise our kids". I don't recall my mom,dad telling me about sex, drugs,driving,etc.... I had to learn it elsewhere! So don't think that every parent is made out to be a teacher....remember some of these parents never wanted to be parents anyway.....What's the difference between a Fred Sanford shirt and A Young Jezzy shirt?..................Nothing both are entertainer who create stories to make you laugh or bob your head. Fred sanford has been to jail more times than Young Jezzy! Go figure! As a people we let anything go! Are we Afraid to fight like our ancestors and the adults during the civil rights movement! What happen to our first amendment. Now if you want to teach your child something teach them their RIGHTS! A snowman shirt Whit people get a life. If it was a star athelete it would not be an issue!!!!!1

Whoa..Whoa…Whoa… Let not split hairs here. I think were after the same thing, education for our children! Now the shirt really doesn't matter but if the school say's they can't wear it then take it off. Why fight that battle. Especially if we know that’s just a way for them to give us another pink slip in your file, which keeps us out of the better colleges which keeps us from the better jobs etc,etc... One time didn't you have to go to the bank to get a small business loan? I bet you didn’t' go in there with a snowman shirt. Let s teach our kid "which" battle are worth fighting like why are there not enough computers in our schools? We gotta get Keisha to the PTA and other community meetings because we need her help. It a critical time and we need all hand on deck. Not knowing is no longer a good enough excuse. You said your parents didn't teach you does that mean you're not gonna teach yours? Absolutely teach them their rights and also teach them the law. And also when it's "appropriate" to break the law. This just aint the right fight. One time save some of that Sean John,Rocawear money and donate it to the inadequate schools they need it. This is healthy conversation I'm just glad were passionate about something other than softball….

Instead of talking about Keisha lets give her a hand
Lets pick her up and help her stand
It's never to late to create a new plan!
Lets give a hand to get them kids out the street
Give her a hand to get her back on her feet
To many of us dont care about the struggle
We live inside of our own little bubble
We laugh when they know every rap song
We are not even teaching them right from wrong!
We need to teach them at an early stage
Before they end up locked in a cage!
Most of all lets teach them some love
Lets turn and look to the heaven's above (end)
Today do something good for someone else! 1

Home Coming.... What is your name and what team do you play on? Just wanted to know, you are on every scene..... I'm sitting at my desk tripping, cry laughing, cause you are on every scene and you always have a poem about what ever issue is going on.
That's a good thing.... Lets all gather......... and

Ms. Nashville send me your e-mail address

He is off the chain!!!! Do what you do Home coming!!!

its young jeezy not geezy just helpin out