BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terrell Owens

Love him or hate him he is one of the best wide outs in the game. What's your thoughts on this guy is he the villian, good guy or just misunderstood? Lets have some real talk about it! Holla back

Re: Terrell Owens

I have been on his side for the longest, but he went overboard this week. He is definitely one of the best, but you still need too respect the game.

The problem he has now is that, no one will give him the long term deal he is seeking. He will have to deal with incentive laden contracts the rest of his life.

Yeah, everyone is against him now. He has definitely gone too far and shot himself in the foot. His options will be very limited.
I do however, think that the Eagles organization and the media are going overboard as well trying to protect McNabb, who is a proven choke artist on the big stage.

I believe Terrell Owens is the Ron Artest of football. Some of the stupidest and most foolish cr*p immaginable come from his mouth. He says it, they can't believe it, but they still want him on their team. Hard to win without him!!

He's the kind of player I hope to never become. All the talent in the world, but the wrong frame of mind. It's having seen and played with players of his type that forces me to try to be as humble and quiet as possible. He cries WOLF way too much and now we don't want to listen!!

WWB # 24

You really cant blame him if the league is going to continue to allow him to exhibit the behavior over and over again with out consequence. He gets traded to another team and he says he is not going and they work with him and send him where he want to go. And then he gets there and now look. I understand that he brings in alot of money but, you really have to look at who is allowing him to be this way. I commend the Eagle organization for finally stepping up and doing something about it.

Good point WB! He is one the best in the game at what he does. What I cant understand is how they gone pay Westbrook and he hasn't done anything this year. They don't have a running game and with out TO their passing game gone suffer. yesterday it took 3 of them to do what To normally does by his self. If you noticed that last drive if TO would have been there I doubt if Washington would have been able to put 8 or 9 men in the box and leave TO one on one cause all Philly would have had to do is thow it up and To will get it.

Ball or fall, they knew what they were getting into when they signed him. He aint did nothing different. Either pay him or trade him. It's that simple. They need to stop feeding into what he is saying cause it's not just him. If the whole organization would just shut up who would listen. It takes two to start a controversy.

Good point, Exodus. I have two questions for everyone to think about.
First, and please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't read everything or watched all of the interviews. Didn't T.O. just respond to a statement that Michael Irvin made and asked him if he agreed that the Eagles could win if Brett Favre were their quarterback and playing hurt? He didn't just take another unfounded shot at McNabb.

Second, what does it say about the Eagles organization that they make such a fuss about T.O. wanting an new contract then they turn around and give Westbrook more money and he hasn't produced?

He is one of the best. U have to relate it to our teams. We have players on certain teams, mine being one, that you have very good players that you want in the game because you know they give you a better chance to win. But they really bad attitudes, some of the core of the team don't agree with things they do, they may not show up all the time. But, you are in a big game, he is ready to play. Do you play him?
With that being said, the Eagles would have won that game last night with T.O. It definitely would have been a different game. But, by playing him you may lose the respect as a coach from the rest of the team. Sometimes, there is such a thing as a lost worth taking.

Those guys are getting paid to do a job though. We aren't. That's the difference. There's no doubt that T.O. does his job and is very good at it. Andy Reid doesn't get paid to coach for respect. The objective is to win.

I can see your point when it comes to our teams and playing softball, but some of these guy's get paid more when they win games, make the playoff's, and go to the Superbowl. They missing out on their money when he is not playing. IF he doesn't play they're not going back to the Super Bowl.

Exactly. They didn't make it before him and they won't make it without him.

I agree. But he needs to respect the game and his teammates. Why always down D McNabb. Maybe because of his popularity in the city. To say they would be better with Favre, I don't know about that. I think Favre is a less efficient qb than D McNabb. But, you don't know with different teams. That wasn't fair to say.

I feel you Exodus. It isnt like he is doing anything new. What college did he attend?

When Philly drafted Donavan the city hated that pick I still don't think they are satisfied with him QB. Why wouldn't you keep TO Rickey Williams quit on his team and still they brought him back.

Well I guess Philly done made up there mind. He was just suspended for the rest of the year. WHOA big mistake.

You just heard that Exodus. Is it official that it's for the rest of the year.

It's official. Just saw the story on ESPN.com

T.O. is one of the best wide out in the game. He has so much talent on the field. I really hate for him to be suspended indefinitely but he must face the consequence just like Ron Artest. The comment that Eagles would be better off if Favre was QB is a slap in the face for McNabb even if T.O. was answering a question asked by Michael Irvin. As, I speak, we all know there are not enough starting black QB's in the NFL. So, for T.O. to tear down one of his black brothers in this position is just wrong.

I see what you saying Ms Arkansas, however Mcnab has to grow some thick skin. TO has the right to his opinion and Mcnab did say that they dont have to like each other just play together. Not to mention Mcnab got a hundred million dollar contract. Wouldn't anyone in TO shoes want more. The man has more touchdowns in one season then the 3 recievers they had before he got there. I think both sides handled the situation wrong.

T.O......will be T.O. he is what I call "REAL TALK"...he is just a Prey for the MEDIA.....If you don't want the answer...don't ask the question....It's others that say Worse than that....but there's no excuse for ripping on the guy that throw's you the ball......I think they should just release him.....and he should go to Oakland with MOSS another "REAL TALK" player....in other words...It's over RATED....on top of all that a Crack head.....just set him up.....Hmmmmmmmm....."CHURCH"

Now that was as they say "REAL TALK" he was set up by a crack head! you got me Roll'n

Well there goes Philly season and no sellouts on the road

T.O. may be one of the best in the game but no one person is bigger than the team. Look at what his actions have gotten him now. Now he will finish the season at home because he is through this season. Sometimes you have to be a team player and not be all about yourself, and that is T.O's biggest problem.

With that BANK ACCOUNT...Do you think he minds? and He'll be back and Increasing the FUNDS even more....DRAMA brings $$$$$$$....Enough SAID!! "CHURCH"

Extra Extra Read all about it!!!!

Terrell Owens' time in Philly is over – at least for this season. The Eagles plan to deactivate T.O. after a four-game suspension.

I would like to know is where is he disrespecting the game. No one made a fuss when Eli Manning refused to get DRAFTED by the Charges. No big deal(white boy. No one made a big deal when a steriod admitted playa fight teams in chicago( white boy). Now tell the contact dispute problems to Javon Walker. Brett Favre told him to sut up and come to training camp without a contact extention or more money. Where is he now? Hurt for the entire season mybe the rest of his life. Where are all the apologies Brett favre (none). TO is no different from Deion who changed the game nor is he different from Micheal Irvin. He bring entertainment to the game. If Vick was not in Atlanta the Dome would not be sold out. Rememeber when they did go to the super Bowl none of the home games was sold out. Any where you put TO the Orginazation will make more money and teams will get more exposure. TO is very out spoken and I like that. When he gets on the field he plays to win. Don't forget no off the field problems. No drinking, no smoking, no wife batteries, etc.... We need more outspoken atheletes. we are on the outside looking in ; we don't really know the DEAL!!!!!1

The rest of the Eagles will be sitting at home with him at the end of the season watching the playoffs. If that's what they want as a team, then so be it. How will that gain any of the rest of the team any respect?

I understand everybody is saying T.O. needs to respect the game and his teammates. But who respected him when he made his 100th TD reception. Nobody. I think he has the right to be mad. I know that 1 man can not make a team win but T.O. comes close to doing that. Without T.O. the Eagles will not make it to the playoffs. So now who is suffering? Not T.O. Fans do not want to support a team that does not win. Who will take the biggest hit in the pocket, the Eagles organization or T.O.? Again, not T.O.

I'M A TRUE PHILLY FAN. T.O. HAS CROSSED THE LINE CRITICIZING TEAMMATES.I AGREE WITH HIM ABOUT DESERVING THE MONEY,BUT DISAGREE WITH HIS M.O.
ONE QUESTION COMES TO MIND-DID T.O. RISK HIS CAREER PLAYING IN THE SUPERBOWL TO GIVE HIS TEAM A BETTER CHANCE OR FOR PERSONAL REASONS? I LOVE TO WATCH THIS GUY PLAY BALL,BUT HE'S CANCER IN THE LOCKER ROOM.I TRULY BELIEVE THAT HE WANTS TO PLAY IN ATLANTA.

T.O there's a lot of issues with the entire ordeal....first the organization should have nip it in the bud a long time ago....T.O. and the egales have been going on all season....yes he is a heck of a ball playa...yes he needs to be rewarded...however it really isn't for the entire world to decide how and when....my opinion TO and the Eagles should apologize for this being bigger than The Bengals tearing up the division...or Naptown could go undefeated....

T.O. WAS, IS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE WRONG. NO, THE EAGLES DID NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITHOUT HIM AND THEY PROBABLY WONT THIS YEAR. BUT IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT T.O. HAS NOT WON ONE NEITHER. IF I AM WRONG, SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME. BUT I THINK T.O. WILL BE A CANCER WHEREVER HE GOES AND I WOULD RATHER STRUGGLE WITHOUT HIM THAN WITH HIM

Amen

I bet you guys sad the same about Ray Lewis, Jamel Lewis, Micheal Pittman, Randy Moss, Quincey Carter. All these great players a good but they have problems with the law. I prefer to have TO than any of the others. To get respect you have to earn respect. Last year when he worked his but off to get back on the field for the superbowl. No LOVE from anyone. Brett Favre dad died they talk about that for a month. He's such an incredible playa but TO no love. Moss stated that he play when he wants to; Would you want him in the locker room. Where are the leader on the team? Someone to say SHUT UP to TO or PAY UP to the owner. No True Leadership!!!!!!1 the eagles will be just like the BILLS, NETS, COLTS, BRAVES. Make it to the playoff but don't WIN!!!!!!1

How can you defend T.O. Look at his track record. He's complained wherever he's been. Dude's a LOSER period. You may know a guy just like him hell he may be on your team. Yeah you know him the one that has to bat in certain spot in the line up even though he's stugglin' or the one that hit's solo's ALL THE TIME. Or the one that blames someone else for his errors, hell the dude that you wish was off your team because he's drama filled. He helps you yes, but he hurts you more. That’s T.O. Remember the Niners let Jerry Rice go to keep him. WOW! What a mistake!

DM#18 TO has complained in both San Fran and in Philly, but how can you say he is a loser? The man has more touchdowns than the 3 wideouts they had before he got there. In the Jerry Rice situation what did Jerry do after he left the 49er's? It wasn't about if we keep TO then Jerry go to go. Jerry wanted a new multi yr deal and the 49er's didn't want to invest the money or the time. When you look at it he has made the Eagles offense a lot better just like Moss did in Min.

Exodus Yes, he has been a productive reciver still not worth the trouble. I bet if San Fran had it to do over they would sign the G.O.A.T and traded T.O. As for Moss I guess you want a guy on your team that say he plays hard only when he feels like it? I don't!

This is what I love about sports. Everybody sees the same thing differently. Let me ask everyone this question. Do you like everyone who you work with on your jobs? If not, can you do anything about them being there? Most of us can't. I work with people everyday who some of them I really can't stand. But we all still have jobs to do regarless of that. Not once did T.O. not do the job that he is paid to do.

And to those who think one player doesn't make that much of a difference. Look at Baltimore's defense without Ray Lewis for a good example. He gives that entire team their best shot at winning.

Philly has no running game to speak of right now. And they have no other proven receiver who can step up and make big plays. They didn't have it before they signed T.O., so really they needed him more than they want to admit to anybody. The numbers don't lie. Regardless of whether he came back for the Superbowl for himself or for the team, they probably wouldn't have even scored a field goal without him. Look at what he did compared to the other offensive players.

All the players you have mentioned are great players. The difference is they had trouble with the law. T.O. has had problems with the team. If you or anyone else think that one guy is more important than team. Then you like the others should play golf. McNabb is a pro bowl quarterback an a true proffesional. The Eagles
got to the super bowl without T.O. He was suppose to be the piece that got them over the top. He turned out to be a virus.

T.O is a cancer. No one man wins or loses a game.I am a football coach myself and I have let the better talent go, do to the fact that if others see it they tend to follow. No one questions his talent at all. But as a former football player T.O has been disrespecting the game since he did that mess in Texas @ later after Dallas beat them he wore a Dallas Cowboy jersey. I commend Philly for not tolerating T.O any longer. The worst statement he made was when he said he is trying to feed his family. "WHAT". We all feed our familys on way less of his income. He needs to wake up or the game is going to pass him bye. T.O. will not get guaranteed money again.

Ok, I guess the 12 games and the numbers that T.O. put up last year didn't help Philly get home field advantage and put them in the position to go to the Superbowl. And all this protection of McNabb sounds like a double standard to me. Everybody wants to say that it's about the team, but the focus is really on hurting McNabb's feelings. Until the Eagles get to the big game without T.O. involved at all during the season, there really is no argument. They haven't up to this point and they won't.

Come on KC Player Philly was going to the playoffs before T.O. arrived. He was suppose to be the that peice makes the pie whole. They are in last place in the division now even with T.O. Do you know what a sports hernia is or what it feels like to have busted ribs? Those are two pains you never want to experience. Most people that agree with these antics T.O. was doing are some of the best players on there perspective teams. Ironacally they are the same indiviuals that move from team to team because there welcome has been worn out. The thing that separate good & great is how much better you make the people around you.

Ok, now that we have seen Philly w/ TO and with out him I hope that they see that they need him just as much as he needs them! Reggie Brown is no TO no way shape or form. Dont get me wrong I love Donovan but he needs to suck it up be a man and get TO back on the field. He would not have had to take that shot after he threw that interception if TO was on the field.

T.O. is done in Philly! They had his funeral before the game, you didn't see it?

It seems He would have CAUGHT that last BALL for the WIN???hmmmmmmm field goal...it's good....my opinion...

Yea I saw it. While they trying to dig a grave for TO they digging a grave for the rest of their season too. TO will be like a Pheniox and rise from the ashes, and they better hope that he dont go to a division rival. You see what he did against the 49ers torched them they still sweeping up his dust

This is classic. The team really needs T.O. and there in-lies the problem. He knows he can do/say whatever he wants. Now is that the type of guy you would "want" around you. DO you really want the guy who say you "need" me or do you try to prove that you don’t?

Last night proved what I have been trying to tell people. McNabb needs a legitimate play maker on the field in order to be able to help the team win. McNabb has never been the type of QB that can carry that team to the promised land on his abilities alone.
Plus, McNabb's own overinflated ego cost the Eagles the game. He waited until he threw the game away to admit that he was too hurt to continue playing. The game didn't even have to come down to that final possession if he hadn't gone out there after the interception and play knowing he was too hurt to throw the ball with any accuracy.

Wow! Philly does not look good without TO. After this year Philly will have some defensive Free agents. hmmmm is it over for the Eagles. they look kinda like a low caliber Buffalo Bills team from the Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly days. The Eagles are not quite as good though!

Wonder what TO was saying if he watch the Eagles (QB) **** that Game away. Big time WR make big time plays and thats what the Eagles where lacking

Team mate what's up? Are you ready for the next year! First and far most We need to go to the Nelly tourney to handel some unfinished business against the Eastside playas and in the process we can go ahead and bury the Browns!

I'm ready just waiting for March to get it restarted again and take on bigger role. Bury the Browns,Get back at ES and win the tourney that will be nice.

Hey #15, we saw ya'll beat the Browns in the ground during the world. Hey, what team can they beat out of GA in rec?????

No one! I don't think they still have there team together. I think they are combining with da Younguns to form da bunyuns!!!!!
Question have they EVER won a tourney?????1

Today is the day for TO? What will happen, will he get to play again, will the Eagle make the biggest mistake in franchise history? Tune in later today most of the questions will be answered! Don't do it Philly I hope they have about what they going to do.

Pisss ******
Guess What???????? TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. .
Your Post have just been envaded by ME!!!!
IT"S MY BIRTHDAY I"M ALLOWED 2!!!
ASK THE BASA STAFF!!!!

Greene#44...Signing...OFF

You may need to go and sit down somewhere?

You may need to go and get a life!!!It's funny how you are following me around posting up your stupid comments.When I haven't even said anything to you.

Would you like to join my fan club?? There is always room!!!

Greene#44...Signing..OFF

#15 made some very thought provoking comments on the 7th of November that were totally on point. (In reference to the Terrell Owens situation.) I have issues with the behavior of T. O; but to suspend him for four games and possibly the season and expect to make the playoffs is like attempting to make omelets with out any eggs. You can't do that and expect to win. I don’t like the way McNabb has commented on the story when he seems to lose the big games his entire career. Again, I give made respect to the
# 15 for seeing through this bullshi!!!

#15 made some very thought provoking comments on the 7th of November that were totally on point. (In reference to the Terrell Owens situation.) I have issues with the behavior of T. O; but to suspend him for four games and possibly the season and expect to make the playoffs is like attempting to make omelets with out any eggs. You can't do that and expect to win. I don’t like the way McNabb has commented on the story when he seems to lose the big games his entire career. Again, I give mad respect to the
# 15 for seeing through this bullshi!!!

Preciate it; I just call it like I see it. What is really his crime? wanting a new contract so he can be an Eagle for the rest of his career. Don't forget TO was making plays long before Donavan and will be making plenty afterwards.
I don't remember did Eli get all this negative media when he refused to go to the Charges. No because his father means so much to the league....hmmmmmm......Keep it moving TO we can use you in Tampa or Atlanta!!!!!!1

Gracious #15 ease up a bit dawg. T.O. Can't make a play if he's suspended form the team for poppin his chops. He also can't make a play if Mcnabb doesn't throw him the ball. Another thing T.O. will never get the contract he wants because organizations cant trust him. What if he justs wake up one day and wants more money? Will he do all this again. His history says yes. Tampa just got rid of that type guy his name was Keyshawn and so did Atl. His name Peirless.

#15 -- What is your view of Eli Manning because I have a problem with all the accolades he receives for being sooooooooooooooo **** Smart. I am sick and tired of the commentators explaining his cognitive abilities and make it seem as if Tony Dungee does not know anything. They (the media) brag for to often about his mediocre athletic ability and his decision making brilliance. Too me; all Peyton Manning is, is a non athletic QB who has done a good job adapted to a 3 step-drop passing system and has made use of two of the best football teammates in the league Edgrin James and Marvin Harris. Similar to Kurt Warner, a timing passer who was over-rated when he directed the worlds greatest flag football team on earth when the rams won the super bowl.