BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To All B.A.S.A. Pitchers

I just wanted to holla at all my basa pitching families on tha circuit. For those who have saw me pitch this year with a helment-mask on is tha reason why i need to really shout out to my brothas, & sistas on tha circuit. Last weekend in clarksville i reacted a little slower on seeing tha ball. A player hit tha ball back up tha middle & nic tha left side of my helment in which it took some paint off tha side. There where always rumors on why i wore my mask, Like i had a broken jaw,gun shot wound in tha face, plastic sugery & etc. I wear it because of tha fact that my x-teamate was hit flush by a miken ultra 2 a few years ago. Tha ball stiches was imprented in face & lost one side of his eye sight. As soon as i talk to tha powers that be, i'll have a few pictures to show you my friends face. I know about 75% of tha ball players i know has loaded bats that are either shaved,titaniumed,ball pointed or painted over. A youg lady died in a coed game a few years back by a titanium bat that hit her square in her temple. Tha middle is part of tha game & i know pitchers that don't like to be hit at & i'm one of them but it is tha biggest hole of tha defense& it's part of tha game as well. I was told that i was tha first in tha st.l black circuit to start wearing tha helment-mask. I really don't care about that i more care about my life,& especilly when i know i'm a target.So i can trully say i'm proud to wear it & to my pitching family don't be pridful on not trying to wear it because you might feel players talking about you & etc F##k that there making bats better & better every year & where tha closet to tha batter than any other player. So please be careful in 06 & good luck because your reflexes don't react like you want them to all tha time, & why is it all tha time it's a non picther always trying to hit tha middle knowing dam well they won't get on tha mound & let a 120mph ball be hit back at them . But like i said becareful & good luck.

Re: To All B.A.S.A. Pitchers

I'LL AGREE WITH YOU WOLF, WE CAN DO ALL THIS DANCING & FAFING & SOME TIMES FOR GET WE HAVE TO GET BACK & GET SET ON THE BALL HIT BACK AT US. I'M GOING TO TRY TO WEAR ONE FOR NEXT YEAR & I KNOW YOU'R HAPPY THAT YOU HAD IT ON AT THE TIME,BY LOOKING AT YOUR PROFILE ALOT OF LADIES WOULD'VE BEEN VERY UPSET AT YOU.LOL

WOLF THATS SOME GOOD INFORMATION. THANKS

How much do those masks cost?

PRICELESS

you are so right!!!!!!!!

buy next year we'll be pitching from 75ft.

THAT A GOOD JOB WOLF I GOT HIT TWO TIME IN THE FACE I GOT ME A MASH I PUT IT ON ALL THE TIME BOB PICTHERS FORM DETROIT

That's 2 too MANY...All it takes is one...and I'm back in the outfield...I'm glad you weren't a BOXER..short,short.....CAREER....becareful..."CHURCH"

Let me share something with all the pitching fellows and ladies. It's not all about being Kool, Pretty, or whatever, it about your life. You still have your life after everygame. You are correct when you stated that it's the non-pictchers that try to go back up the middle.

I was hit on the leg and I still have the ball print for 4 years ago.

Thanks Wolf for the words of wisdom. I will purchase me a helmet-mask for the 06 year. See everyone on the circuit. Everyone have a Safe and Blessed holiday's.

I will have to agree with Wolf,it's not easy pitching at ANY level,it's DANGEROUS...as a Pitcher myslelf and possibly pitching full time for Atlanta Storm in 06,I've been hit,hit at intentionally and threatend to be hit by batters,mostly non pitchers...

In the 06 Season I'm seriously considering a helmet for protection,I've heard of numerous pitchers being killed or seriously hurt on the mound,by shots to the head...GOOD POST

i don't need no helmet,huh wolf! HOUSE

WOLF....Many of us have had teammates or friends who have been hit or in my case lost a friend from being hit by a ball. To those of you who have never seen it happen believe me when you do there will be a chill that goes through your body. This was my first year on the circuit and I have seen players go up the middle on purpose which is un called for. I too have been on teams where your own players will criticize you for not going back at their pitcher...the FRANCHISE has always stuck to his guns and NEVER went up the middle. Many of us work hard all week to play on the weekends to make it back to work and most importantly to our families....the next time the thought comes in your head about going up the middle, think about how many people will be affected if something serious happens.....AND I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THIS.....IF YOU DO IT AND SOMETHING HAPPENS...YOUR LOVE OF SOFTBALL AND LIFE WILL ALSO CHANGE....My cousin hasnt picked up a bat since it happened.

IT WOULD ALSO HELP IF THE UMPIRES MAKE PLAYERS SWING THE BAT INSTEAD OF SITTING ON A PERFECT PITCH. MY GOD ITS SOFTBALL THE ONE THING I HATE TO HEAR AN UMPIRE SAY IS THAT PITCH JUST MISSED.

I PITCH FOR TAEM AIRMAC , WOLF YOU ARE RIGHT ON POINT THANKS FOR THE IMPORTANT INFO. NOW THAT'S REAL TALK.

To my pitching family, thanks on tha feed back, let's hope that all of us be careful next year & good luck to you all, & this is just fo my pitching pals that has tha most dangerous job on tha field. One more note they should make a rule called (THA WOLF) rule. If you get hit by a batter as a pitcher, tha pitcher will have tha right to throw tha ball at tha batter while he's trying to make it to first. LOLOLOLO just kidding BASA!! Good luck everyone.Just playing.

Ok,everybody

Church I'm going to get you! The belongs to me o.k everbody lets , grouphug...

Wolf,i actually threw a ball at a guy that hit me and then talked trash about it a few yrs ago...it was a reaction... I got thrown out of the game,but it was worth it

I think they should make that a rule.
If not that the person that hit the ball should picth to you at your next at bat then he can see what it like for himself.

Now #14 that sounds like a great idea because there's a few i would love to pumpkin head.lol there i go again, i'm sorry BASA now you know i'm playing!!!

Tha reason why pitchers should wear a helmet-mask will be pictured this week so please don't miss tha real facts here!!!

I hope & pray that all tha pitchers in all circuits be careful & play alot of ping pong during tha off season. Good luck in 06 to all my pitching families!!

You know at the worlds this year a guy hit an HR and told his 1st base coach he was sorry and that he was trying to take my head off , but hey i got last laugh I snapped him off for the last out of game
I think BASA should look at moving the bases and pitching mound back.

I agree with the floating pitching mound,works well against the shots up the middle

I think we should have a pitcher's men & women's club but only if church & wolf can get along?

We do get alone....YOU ALL....feel we DON't get alone,but Good Idea...."CHURCH"

That's funny!!!! i'm cool with people that are cool with wolf, even tha ones who act like there cool with me, i'm still chillaxed too tha fullest.I don't talk about people & when people say or try & doggg me it only adds fuel to tha fire but i'm still at peace with in myself. People can say what they want to on tha slide but at tha same time i do remember kodak moments at all times.James 4:10 humble yoself & than god will let you in!!!! that's why i'm humble too tha fullest until it's time to let tha beast out fo that split 2nd when swingging or pitching & than i'm humble again!!! peace.

O, to answer yo q's we are cool!!!!

Tha only time we ant cool is when i'm in tha car with him & him 7 tha rest be having there tupac smoke party & be smoking me out tha car!!!!!

You won't roll down the window ,

I'm just wondering why some people won't just tell the truth about things. Let's keep it REAL. If you don't do people or if you do tell the truth. Do we know the meaning of being HUMBLE? If you stop and think about it everybody wants to claim that they have God in their lives, but when you act out negatively ain't no God in that, cause he don't need your help. WE MUST BE TRUE TO OURSLEVES BEFORE WE CAN BE TRUE TO ANYONE ELSE. If it's so easy to lie to others then you had to make that lie up within youself first, but where you make your mistakes is when you start believeing your own lies. One more thing when you start telling lies to people that know better then you really need to get some help. So if you can't be REAL then just be who you are and deal with it on a positive note.

I don't no if that's towords me but at tha same time if it is than i don't think you can judge me if you did'nt no me before i got god into my life. Tha ones that do remember tha ole wolf will tell you that i have changed fo tha better.Believe me i had to find out tha hard way about myself & i don't think you'll make it where i came from & if you think you could than you'll see why to stay humble & release your feelings tha right way like a softball & not a person & that's no LIE to that believe me when i tell you this. So judge yoself before you judge me because if i remember correctly my judges name was David Walls & not(WONDERING)!!!!!!!!

Big bro i don't think they were talking about you because if they're so real with themselves then they would'nt be hinding behind a (FAKEEEEEE) name!my name is Jarris Janie Bell so i can tell you who i am. I don't want anyone thinking i'm hinding behind my name since we are trying to stay (REALLLL)!!

.....Ummm..Home Coming....shine light on this....here hit this ....."CHURCH" it....

Here is a little light Home coming style! Ya heard

To all of those who may tell lies
The innocent may sit and the guilty shall rise
Get on up and lets take the stand
We all will be judged before the man
It's not my place to say if your right or your wrong
Telling lies can last like the day is long
Wolf I'm glad that you have God in your life
No more worrying, suffering, pain, or strife
I encourage you to take his word deep into your heart
For those that don't know him it's time to start (end)

"CHURCH"

A-men!!

Hello...Wolf...you want 2 hit this ...it's cool it's a diet ....

I'll stick to my orange juice!! lol jamestown was popping last nite!

Was it easy or hard games....

Football was off tha chain. I broke a few ankles & knee caps with tha wolffie vick show!!! lol I'm sure Big Bo will tell you that he'll be on li ritchies ESPN high light reel fo a long time. Bo hit a 16 dribbler to ritchie at SS tha ball took a crazy bounce & popped up between his leggs caught tha ball in mid air with his glove between his leggs while spinng in a complete circle & threw a strike to 1st base & tha hold place blew up like crazy. Man you know how ritchie be clowning some times, man he really did his clowning like he was being interviewed by tha cardinals!!!!! lol lol

....I'll be there Sunday.... ...watching..... duunnat

First of all Mr. Wolf why would you feel that was meant for you, but if the shoe fits then you must wear it. If not then dont't even pick it up. To Lil Sis, why do we protect our sisters and brothers when they are wrong. You don't have to tell others but at least be real with them and help them move forward in life and do things different and be a better person. Sometimes it not about hiding who you are, but people seem to listen better when they don't know who's talking.

I have known Wolf for a long time......Actually since we were in Elementary School. And when he speaks of being a different and much better person today than he has been in the past, he speaks truth from his heart.

God has made a significant change in his life, and I think he should be judged on his current character and not by anything that has taken place in the past. We will all be judged by God the father at some point, and those that have made the effort to follow his path will be rewarded for it.

STL17, you said a mouthful!!!!

To STL17, I wasn't judging Mr. Wolf at all he just responded to my comment and I replyed, and secondly I really have nothing to do with his past. I'm not the type of person that don't give people second chances anyway, so don't read to hard into something because you come up with the wrong assumtion.

"CHURCH"

Well said, and point taken.

Wolf

What's up? I heard about your close brush a week ago. You know that the middle was never that big of deal until the equipment got upgraded and the trash talking went off the charts. The pitchers who pitch and leave the trash talking out of it, tend to do a lot better. Faking is part of the game, but the trash talking has taken the fun out of the game and puts an "X" on the pitcher. It incites the players and when umpires don't have control of the game, bad things happen. Everyone is guilty of hitting the middle on purpose, myself included. At the major level, a pitcher talking trash to teams like Dan Smith or Bell Corp, wouldn't last three innings. We should stop it on the BASA circuit, but so many people think that is part of the game. It wasn't in the past and shouldn't be if the BASA won't to survive in the future because someone will be seriously injured or killed during the upcoming season. I will see you around and look forward to our next battle on the field. Peace from the lonestar state.

Hey Wolfe I think that all the associations should make wearing a helmet a requirement because you never know what could happen on that mound peace.

Normally I just sit back and read all of the comments that everyone has to say. But, you sure can tell their lack of respect for one another, especially for pitchers. There are players who cannot even field the ball for the basic infield position but, expect the pitcher to throw strikes, get back set up and field his or her position. Yes, it is true that the pitcher is part of the game and balls will hit back the middle, but when you hear coaches tell their players hit the middle everytime that's crazy. (Great Players do what they want. (Weak Players do what they can!)