BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st Annual BASA Super Draft Tournament

1st Annual BASA Super Draft Tournament

When: March 10-12, 2006
Where: Atlanta, Georgia
Limited to first 176 Male players, plus 16 coaches for a total of 192.
Limited to first 88 Female players, plus 8 coaches for a total of 96
Coaches get to play for free, but must submit payment and will be reimbursed at party in cash. Coaches must be an established veteran player.

Men’s Division
16 Teams with 12 players on each team drafted, including the coach/player
Women’s Division
8 Teams with 12 players on each team drafted, including the coach/player

Cost $35 per player,

Registration Opens January 2, 2006
Deadline to enter is February 28 or until full.
Each player gets a Special Edition Super Draft Shirt.
Each player gets entry into the Friday night party. Guests are $10.00 extra and will be eligible for door prizes.
Free giveaways and food plus dancing on Friday Night.

Double Elimination
Everyone must be ready to play at 9:00AM on Saturday Morning.
6 Hr's then an out.

Teams will be given 6 balls to start the tournament.

Open to ALL classes of players. Rec thru Competitive Players

All players must be registered before Draft Night.
Once you are entered, there will be no refund, but you may sell your spot to someone.
Registration will be through BASA online registration, but your registration will not be complete until you have paid you registration fee.

Draft will be at the Host hotel(TBD) on Friday night at 8 p.m.
Food menu will be determined. Give me some ideas if you want something special.
Don’t need to be present to be drafted. But show up as you have paid for your entry into the Friday Night Extravaganza.
Expect more giveaways this year.

More details coming soon.

Re: 1st Annual BASA Super Draft Tournament

This is your chance to fellowship with the rest of the BASA family for one fun-filled weekend.

Also, for those without a team, it is a chance to showcase your talents to coaches on the circuit.

HMMMMM....."CHURCH"

Wow. this will be hot to see. I respect this very much as a season opening tourney. I support this 100%.

You know T will be there

The FLA will be well represented!

With 12 players, how am I guaranteed to play after I pay my money.

All 12 players can bat.

BASA:

Once again you guys are taking steps to make sure that "We" have options! I'm just curious with what the future holds for Black America.

Having played in a Super Draft tournament before, It's a blast!!! You're only as good as you coach and the team he can compile. My boy Robert "1-9" Jackson was the best at creating a team that no one could beat!! I know he would have definitely been the first coach to pay and that he'd already be scouting the board!

I'm on board!!!

WB #24

COUNT NORTH CAROLINA IN

Yes, this will truly be one fun filled weekend. A chance to truly fellowship with members of different teams and states. We have great prizes lined up for the MVP of both the men and women's division. Also, besides the draft party on Friday, the last games on Saturday will start at 7:30 so everyone can get a chance to enjoy the ATL nightlife.

The Men's Championship game will start at 12:30 on Sun and the Women's will start at 11:00.

DON'T MISS OUT!

Great idea! I have played in the Flordia Super Draft and it is alot of fun. I have never played any BASA; my friends have. I may have to check this one out. However, may I suggest a round robin or pool play then single elimination. Saturday would be pool play and Sunday would be single elimination. Just decide the cut off of teams who can make single elimination. I do know it is your show.

Good Luck

Donskip,

Yes, the Florida Super Draft is a great and the cornerstone of the idea to bring this to BASA. For now we are going to stick to double elimination to help keep costs down and get everyone to and from Atlanta without missing too much time from work, since the BASA season kicks off the next weekend.

If you haven't noticed, the Florida Super Draft has gone up to $50.00 per person.

yes I know the Fl. Super Draft went up and it is well worth it. I totally understand why BASA Super Draft will be double elimination. No problem. I will love to play in it because I have never played BASA with my friends. I just hope my friends will play.

All the Best

A suggestion or question....... if your are drafted on a team will you guys provide that team with shirts.

Everyone will receive a souvenir shirt. But you can play in any shirt that you desire. It would be nice if everyone played in their primary teams uniform to give that all-star game look and feel.

BASA staff if you think about it.....It's the beginning of the season. NEW teams no shirts but if we walk around all weekend then we can recoginize who got drafted to what team. the shirt we play in can be the souvernir shirt. Just a suggestion.

But if you really think about it, how would you know the sizes for the players on the different treams,
since no one knows who they will be playing with.

Ok I understand. Keep up the good work and have a great weekend.

#15, you are one of the premier posters on the board, so you make sure you are there.

With BELLS and
WHISTLES!!!!!!1

Cut me in or Cut it out

THAT'S A GOOD PLAN BASA. TO BRING EVERYBODY CLOSER TO ONE ANOTHER.AND THAT'S A GOOD SITE FOR THAT WEEKEND.ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE TEAMS ON THE SITE.

FOR SHOW YOU CAN COUNT ME IN!!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW,HOW MANY COMP. PLAYERS WOULD YOU HAVE ON EACH TEAM.I WOULDNT WANT TO PLAY AGINST A TEAM FULL OF COMP. PLAYERS ,AND I GET DRAFTED TO A TEAM FULL OF REC. PLAYERS. DO U FEEL ME

Yes I think that the Super Draft is a good idea. That is a chance for each of us to shine

As far as comp players, it will depend on how many comp players enter. It would be highly unlikely that one team would be loaded with comp players since each coach only gets one pick per round. Why would the other coaches pass up the chance to pick comp players. That being said, there are some super rec players out there that I am sure will be picked in the first round. And some rec players that will go in the first few rounds as well. The talent should be about the same on each team and that is why we only want veteran players as coaches.

This should be "off the chain" ,what a way to kick off the Season..Count me in for sho!!

Count South Click (Carolina) in!

ZONE3 WILL BE IN THE HOUSE.

Don't forget to go to paypal and register for an account, because that maybe the only way to ensure you get in the tournament. Or find someone that has a paypal account.

Thanks again and it should be an exciting weekend!

BASA can we mail checks in advance? Not real sure about the Paypal but I can mail a check or money order.

You can't mail them before January 2nd. That will give everyone a fair chance. If you have a checking account you should really get a PayPal account, not just for BASA, but in general. It is really easy to sign up for(free at that) and the convenience can't be beat.