BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where would you like worlds to be and why..............................

Re: Where would you like worlds to be and why..............................

I would like to see the Worlds return to Columbus. I like that all divisions were able to play in the same park. It makes it easier to see you friends play and the atmosphere at the park is more enjoyable. If not Columbus somewhere that has the same type of facility to host all divisions at one park.

Just my two cents

Ohio cause everyone is at one park if you do have to play at another field it's five to ten min away but that's a whole lot better then 25min and it's not that far from where I grew up in Det Thats a great Vacation Play Softball and go hang out in Det before heading back JVille,FL.

Ohio was o.k but the hotels situation were horrible. Has anybody thought about the Atlanta area or having a north and south pre-world than top 10 teams from each playing in the worlds, because many teams are from up north and you know the dirty south represented in the ham.............how about that

I like the idea of a pre-world for north and south then taking the top 10 teams from each division and having one big world tourney, but you know teams are going to say that the South is tougher than the North or Vice Versa. So, keep it how it is and just take it back up North to Ohio where they seem to have the best facility to run a World Tournament where we all can play at the same park..

I liked Columbus...but it seems that the accommodations weren't the best for the host of the tournament....and so for the committed that host the tournament the conditions has to be acceptable to the them as well...having it in Columbus could mean more money and more Hassel....would everyone be up for paying more money to have it in Columbus??

The best place I have ever been is the place I have not visited. There has to be a complex around this country that has fields & hotels like Columbus, Oh. It has to be close enough to get those teams from the south there. If it is not you can cancel about 35 teams from the south because they don't travel. On second thought we may pay a little more for Columbus but the funfilled enviroment is priceless. Just choose a place where we can be in the same house as the honeys.

You do have a point there that south teams dont travel....Even this past year many of us southern teams wondered what type work the northerners do to have buses and plane tickets and so forth to come to worlds and than usssa that next week. I have to agree with the previous post...I know the dirty south wont represent in up north.....I do believe the best I heard was having a north and south and even a west for the cali teams with travel money going to the top 3 teams in each section, to help out on the cost..........................**** SOFTBALL IS BIG MONEY WITHOUT A SPONSOR ISNT IT .......I hope BASA

Well I feel that the World is something big. Each team knows that its a great experience to compete in the World and to try and win, so therefor teams should prepare theirselves properly to be able to make arrangements to travel wherever the world should be hosted.

My Family always charters a bus for the world when its far off, and its mainly just family with a few players which are family as well. We find out when and where its going to be and we start making travel and hotel arrangements months before time to go. I think its all about prepartion.

Columbus, ATL and Mobile were the best sites I've played. I would even go so far as to throw a vote in for INDY. World is TOO big a deal for all teams in the BASA. Limiting it to 10 teams and north, south, east and west would eliminate the annual surprises and upsets from upstart teams in each division around the country. Case in point in 2003, the Biloxi Braves were an unranked at large competive team. That year we finished 5th knocking off the likes of Seabreeze as well as other ranked opponents. With the format that has been suggested that would never happen again. Keep world as it is "The Worlds Largest Softball/Family Reunion in the country."

i agree hot girl...we have close to 1 yr to plan for the next world....waiting to the last minute will not get you to the world...just as we physically train and prepare for the world do it on the financial end as well...i know everyone don't have big sponsors...but with a little effort you would be surprised with what can be accomplished...in fact preparation is good for life in general...church YD#2 out