BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Real Talk for the ladies and gents

Now this is only for real people with real talk! If you not gone keep it real then you need not apply If you in a commited relationship is it possible for you to be tempted? and if so is that still cheating? Remember your not married and does that make a difference? Church

Re: Real Talk for the ladies and gents

If everytime you have a thought it was considered cheating then we all would be cheating all the time, rather it would be in a relationship, school, work, ect. I believe that the act of cheating does not occur until you act on the thought. You can sit and think about it as much as you want as long as you dont act on it. I have women friends who say all the time, "I can look as much as I want". I see nothing wrong with that.

"AAAAAYYYYY" ....Ok...If you are in a committed relationship...Is it possible 2 be tempted....(YES),but it's not cheating because you're tempted...It's cheating if you put yourself in that situation 2 be...tempted...means you want something 2 HAPPEN!!...so you mainly answered your own question...Not being married...does not make it LEGAl...but it doesn't have the EFFECTS of marriage,if you're caught...well...not well planned!! , But,no offense 2 anyone,and I'm not about 2 get in on the MARRIAGE....I use 2 be for it...but I've been ......man I not going 2 get in that one...might offend people and I don't want that....UNLESS you want my outlook on the subject...never been...BUT I sure got a lot of as YOU may say input....."CHURCH"

If you want a serious take on this here is one. God tells us its better to commit the act rather than burn with passion. If you looking and lusting then whether you are touching or not it can come of no good in the long run. Would you want to know that your signficant other, spouse, or someone you trying to be with had their thoughts, fantasies, or desires on another person. If you dont want it done to you, dont do it to them unless you are ready to move on.

Church, I feel you. Perspective, the word is good to follow fo sure, but the legal system doesnt recognize the word when you find yourself in court. If I took what you said wrong then please correct me.

Perspective, a very wise women just gave me this perspective. Even Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. We all will be tempted at some point married or not. Look at it this way. You can want a piece of and there is nothing wrong with that. It becomes a problem when you actually eat the . We look at celeb's all the time and may comment on the physical looks but thats as far as it goes.

Being tempted is a part of human sexuality. We all get tempted. If it doesn't make you think about it when you see a sexy lady then your not being true to yourself. If your in a commited relationship then you should not try to act on your temtation, if you do then that's on you. Just don't get caught

JW I'm with you. The pie may look good but it doesnt pose a problem until you get a slice.

I understand about the courts and no not until your caught or decide to move on does it become a legal issue. But answer this, how long do you think a person can continue to look, and look and look especially if its the same person without that going to another level and another level. First it may be just a look, then to a passing greeting, then to a conversation, then another, then you find you have things in common and then another level. In other words how long to keep looking at that piece of pie and it gets more and more tempting before you say - I gotta take just a bite???

You grown...so do whatever you going 2 do.....just be well planned....after all everybody has a lil freak in 'em....it's just how you handle it..."CHURCH"

you are not cheaing by being tempted, if that was the case some of us would be cheating everyday. Even thos of us that are in commited relationships probably flir for the fun of it, but we know who we are going back home to at the end of the night too. Just be prepared if you are that tempted because as all the sayings go: what's good for the goose is good for the gander, while the cats away the mice will play, what goes around comes around. How would it make you feel if your signficant other was doing the same thing? Or do you care is what you have to ask yourself.

THIS TOPIC IS VERY INTERESTING. ALL OF YOU HAVE GREAT VIEWS. THE BIBLE DOES NOT CONDONE FORINCATION. BUT LIKE SOME OF YOU SAID TEMPTATION IS WHAT MAKES OUR ACTIONS RESPOND TO WHAT WE HAVE VISUALIZED. THEREFORE; WE REACT TO THE THOUGHTS THAT WE HAVE PLUNDER FOR THE MOMENT. I WAS ONCE TOLD A, CLESHA THAT A MAN CAN BE DRAG THRU THE MUD AND NOT BE LABLED, BUT YOU CAN DRAG A WOMAN THRU THE MUD AND SHE CARRIES A LABEL. THE POINT IS THAT IF YOU LOVE YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER,THEN TAKE THE TIME TO KEEP YOUR RELATIONSHIP IN GOOD STANDARDS. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE SAID THESE WORDS BEFORE, YOU NEVER MISS THEM UNTIL THEY ARE GONE. AT THIS POINT IN LIFE IF YOU HAVE INVESTED ALOT OF TIME INTO YOUR PARTNER, STARTING OVER REQUIRES YOU TO MAKE CHANGES TO WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE TO ALTER YOUR PAST RELATIONSHIP. BUT WE AS BLACK FOLKS ALWAYS POINT THE FINGER INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT OURSELVES. A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER. REMEBER, TRUE LOVE WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL. GOD BLESS AND THIS IS REAL TALK.

Just be able to deal with the consequences. This is why there is so much adultery going on. Everyone is doing everyone and it is too many diseases out there. I feel if you are marrried or have someone you should not be out there trying to get a piece of the pie.
Everyone has temptation, if you can not control that pray about it. If you are not happy in your relationship let it go, so you each can find someone you'll be happy with, then you can get a piece of the pie. Most people want their cake and eat it too. And for those of you that get caught, your mate should kick you a** to the curb right then. I am waiting for that Mr. right to locate me.

If the tempation has that much control of one then they need to think about what they want more. Do they want what is at home with them or do they want what is out there?

#3 very well taken. A family that prays together IS together. Being married myself there are times when I look, heck I might even point out one for my significant other to look at. In a healthy relationship there will be temptations but that's it. He's had women after him and men after me but that helps you to realize that we must treasure what we have at home. Treat each other with respect and dignity, and women (I know you don't want to hear this)be obedient to your husband and there will be no reason to stray on either party. The same thing you did to get em, you gotta do the same thing to keep them. AND THAT'S REAL :-)

#2CHURCH....I know you have something to say!???...And I would like along with others...to read what you have to say...you never finished...KING OUT!!

To piggyback on what Ball or Fall said, you have to think about what you have and what you may stand to lose. The grass looks greener to you right now, but will it be worth it in the long run. What will you really get out of it? Temptation is out there for all of us everyday. I flirt with women all day everyday. I find ones I have a lot in common with and enjoy their company, but at the end of the day, I have found that I don't want to be with them. We can do whatever we do, but I'm still going to be with my significant other when it's all said and done. That being the case, why even do anything at all. Might as well work on your relationship or leave it alone.....The grass ain't always greener on the other side.

It wont hurt to look at another but hands off the person your looking at.If you are in a serious relationship or half way then make it good,put a lot of What if,s in your head and put your self in the suggnificants shoes then examine yourself,or when that person is gone then how would you feel?

I know I am late but I was off thurday and friday...but from time to time we all get caught up looking or even sometimes lusting....but the truth of the matter is do unto others as you want done unto you....as most have said...most definitely what makes you laugh can make you cry...and if you find yourself in a situation then 9 times out of 10 you wanted to be there....you have a choice...chose wisely....often times we lose track of the things that we stand to lose for nights of pleasure....so treasure what you have...and don't lose years of commitment for the uncommitted...peace YD #2 out!