BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free your mind Friday

Haaaaaaayyyyyyyy It's Free Your Mind Friday!!! after reading all the post from Real Talk Thursday it seems that we all need to just free your mind and get stuff off your chest. Now this can be anything that's bothering you but keep it clean. Now my job has told me it's closing and their moving the jobs to Texas and Mexico, and I'm cool with that cause I'm going back to school. What makes me mad is that they wont tell us when until 60 days from the time they don't need us anymore. On top of that the company that is moving into my building will need to keep some people to help out with the transition. We will not be considerd their employee's neither will we considered employee's of the company that I work for now! To top it off if we do stay and help out with the transition then they can't tell us how much we will be making. They only tell us that it will be SOMETHING like what we make now. Aint that a bleep bleep trip! Somebody say that aint right but Oh well I know GOD has a better plan in store for me. Somebody holla at ya boy

Re: Free your mind Friday

Exodus#4, all I can say on that subject is that it is a blessing in the days of this Bush Administration to get 60 days notice. I know of several people who show up to work with the doors locked. And now there is a big move to strip employees of the guaranteed pensions they have worked all of their lives for.

Also, did anyone notice that Harriett Miers was taking heat the minute she was appointed, but you knew she was going to pass confirmation. That was until last week when it was revealed that she supported affirmative action. Let me get off of my political soap box, but with the passing of Rosa Parks, I just think we all need to stand up for one another.

cough...Now,that's freeing your mind.."CHURCH" it seems that alot of Jobs are on that sneak tip...don't let the other one know until it's 2 late....now..All corporation's are not like that...this WAR or more like TAKE OVER MISSION..seems 2 effect US all...in some sort of way...stay up and keep YOUR drive...one door closes....A BETTER ONE ALWAYS OPEN....And THAT"S A GOOD THING..."CHURCH"

Morning Exodus!! What a bummer!!! Well, good luck with school and with all that you know... you can start looking for something bigger and better. Who knows you may leave before your 60 days are up... Good Luck...

Thanks for the encouraging words. Now you all tell me whats on your mind. In the words of my girl Fantasia (lol) "Free your self". Let it all out I once heard that is good for the soul

Good Morning Exdous,

I am Ms. L.A. from Ky. I know how you feel. I just recently experience this. But by the grace of God he had a better position in store for me to get a new job with the same company. I say to you keep your hand in God's hand and he will always make a way for you. When one door is closed another is opened. Hang in there with your schooling.

Exodus, you said it best in the last sentence of your first post "God" has a better plan. As long as you truly believe and trust that you will be alrigh. And think too, believe it or not no matter how bad things are for you, somewhere out there someone is having it much worse. Thank God for small blessings, like 60 days and the opportunty to put more of your trust in him. You got this board as a tool for folks to be on the lookout in their world for someone who needs a hardworking person, all you got to do is give a shout out to us and tell us what you are looking for.

Well Exodus keep your faith and believe in yourself. The Bush Administration is constantly making cuts, fatting the pockets of top executives by giving the corporation tax cuts and letting the greed of them transfer funds among each other to keep the middleclass workers constantly decreasing the benefits. I often wonder what would Bush do if he was in the shoes of one of our older parents that has been cut off medicaid and being paying taxes for 50 to 60 years and the government is turning their backs on them. I work for a union and I am always fighting the top executives of these companies to give people 35 to 50 cents raises and some of these people haven't had raises in 2 to 3 years. Man is that fair, hell no . If all African Americans in this country does'nt see how important to be your brother's or sister's keeper then they are missing what is going on right in front of their eyes. Holla back people. Stay black and beautiful!1.

Hey Exodus, I was recently laid off. My last day of work was July 22nd. I had just gotten back from vacation and I was brought in the office to be given my two -week notice 20 minutes after I got to work. I think tey thought I was going to cry or get upset with them or go crazy, but I did just the opposite. i saw it as an opportunity, and God has had my back the entire way. I am also in school finishiing my Masters degree, so it gave me the time and flexibilty to do all of my interships and work on my final project. I now am in the position to be employed in the area I was leaning towards and for more money and better benefits. God always has a something for you, just keep the faith. We plan, but God makes the decision.

Allright Ms LA,NKO,Ms Dat, Thanks for encouraging. I know the with faith I can do all things through GOD who gives me strength. That's why I picked the name Exodus. Thats why I picked the name Exodus. That's my book throughout the book of Ex. it teaches about faith. So I know this is onle a test I'm going through it's going to be over real soon, keep the faith and dont give up cause it's only a test. OH that's my song! Yaw'll done got me happy. Thank ya

Better plan I didn't forget you either. I was just getting my praise on and hit the post button

Exodus come to St. Louis, and I will find a job for you. I help people keep, maintain and find jobs. I work for the union and have leads on jobs all the time. One brother looking after another one, better yet you want a contact in Chicago, my union headquarters is in Chi-Town and I have plenty of contacts for jobs, etc. Call if you need me. Just pick up the phone and dial my number.

NKO, you are truely a good brother. I will give you a call tomorrow so we can talk in more depth. Thank you.