BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Real Talk THURSDAY"

"AAAAAAYYYY, what the deal" ... The White Sox are the MLB World Champions??? Hummmm, I guess for all who doubted them I guess they are at all the haters that said they couldn't! "Church had the board cracking yesterday with the smoke confessions... Teams from the GA are loading up and gathering sponsors, watch out in 06'. Zone got the Flag Football tournament popping off this weekend in the ATL and he's putting it down with the BASA atmosphere.. In the last couple of months, "Church" has become a celebrity, in rap videos, and became a beauty judge, yeeeeeaaaahhhh BASA, keep up the good work because the way it looks, 06' will be off the heezy with all the new teams and new faces jumping on the BASA bandwagon... And that's REAL TALK at the moment....

Re: "Real Talk THURSDAY"

Sorry, oh I forgot, let's hear some real talk on the Jeezy Child support situation...Hey Exodus, put up your post......."Real Talk"

Wade, my bad..I posted on Smoke Session...But I'll rebuttle on Real Talk.....so click on...and peep and also ......here hit this..... .....cough..."CHURCH"

Today on "Real Talk Thursday" The topic of the day is Young Jeezy use to pay $175.00 a month in child support. Now he has to pay 20g's a month for one kid. Is that too much. A lot of guys are calling in and saying that they would not pay that much just for they baby moma to go out and kick it. Now this is a hot topic so folks dont get mad at this topic just something to talk about. It's early and I'm sleepy so help a brotha out and lets keep it real talk. AAAYYYYY!! Right Church

That's the way to kick off "Real Talk THURSDAY".

It dosen't matter if he's paying $175 a woman will find a way to kick it with what ever she get the more the better. I know guys that received child support checks men spend wiser.

"AAYYYY"I truly will have 2 say that is 2 much....and I bet she's popular now....If I was Geezy....Me,her and the baby will be living 2gether...Oh, It's gone work out...that much!? we CAN work another kind of deal...or just come on home.....FLAT OUT!!....CHURCH.....real talk...

Hey, that chic dun . She out her mind...must of been with her girls cough coughing and said, hummmm....let's get it! My man and he beat it ! aaaaayyyyyy! "REAL TALK"

By 20G's you mean $20,000.00 a month. That is $240,000 for one calender year. He is not making that kind of money yet to pay that much. Unless he was behind and/or they took a HUGE % of his royalities and/or advance money. However, I do know a basketball player who had a kid while in college. The mom got a phenomenal increase when he went to the NBA. If the court say pay it then he will pay it. Guys need to be in the child's life and monitoring what is happening. If not, don't cry if you don't like the way she uses the money. If he is living that good then the mom and the kid should be living that good.

First I do think it is too much to pay, but he shouldn't have lied and said he wasn't making more money than he really was. $175.00 a month is nothing when it comes to taking care of a child. The men don't seem to realize what all the mom has to do, keep a roof on the head, feed the child, cloth the child, and not to mention all the extra activities pertaining to school. She did get over good, but always remember "THE SAME THING THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH WILL MAKE YOU CRY. NOW THATS REAL TALK

Now,I understand for the kid....but who said you have 2 to raise the mother too!?....switch places...it's a wrap....so she can quit her job(if she had one) and just live good for the rest of her life....don't use the kid as an excuse....and if you were born in the 70's your parents owe you back pay!?.... I have humor because either pay or go to jail....and then how you're supposed to pay then....HELP...it's on you...."CHURCH"

Hot Girl, I agree with you about some men don't understand what all it takes for a single mom to raise a child. How about this though. If you are making $ like that and the courts tell you that you need to pay thousands and thousands of dollars in child support then the courts should also assign the kid(s) a child advocate lawyer. Since the money is intended for the child then thats who the money should be spent on. I'm not saying that the kid and the mom shouldn't have a nice place to stay and nice things but it shouldn't be nothing outragous. Cause what would happen if that child support check stop coming in the the mom had to go back to paying stuff on their own. Just a thought! Church

I agree totally. I think that most women don't even put the money toward the child, they want it for themselves. Depending on how old the child is, I think a percent of it should be put away into some type of savings account for the child for college or until the child is of age to handle it themself. A lot of women make it look bad for other women trying to get child support by trying to be too greedy. Yes its nice to have a good chunk for child support, but which would you rather have: More money and less time with the father, or less money and more time with the father. Meaning the child spending time with the father.?

Clap,clap.....and that's real talk...."CHURCH"

He had a terrible Lawyer,I could have referred him to a better on e than that

The amount is not settled yet...I will keep the board informed. That's what she is asking for.

On top of Jeezy rapping he also has a clothing line out "United State & D Boy. The logo is a[Frosty. He also has a deal with Rocawear.

My bad the logo is a snowman

That's Bull****....how in the you gone ask for $20g's a month.....she knows d---well she wasn't ......man that's ******* me OFF....So I can just about imagine what he's saying.....and he ain't Ad libbing..."AAAYYYYY"....it's more like...I should have not ----with her...but you can't knock a hustler..."CHURCH"

Therefore, he has made his bed and now he will have to lie in it... What a hefty price for being the hustler that night.... Hope it was well worth it... especially if she gets what she's asking for...

I think she can easily get awarded 20% of his net worth. Hopefully not his gross worth. whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Thill #21 & #14 both of you think that the child should get 20% or the mother should get the 20%? Just wondering?

Well yes I think the child should get 20%. That's the law, in Ga anyway. Between 17-23% and the judge normally goes for the midpoint which is 20%. That is for everyone no matter how much or little they make. But for the child's sake it is better for the father to be in their life if they are a positive influence. But men pay and are mad about paying so they won't be in their child's life but want to have say so about how the mother is raising the child and what new man is around that child. If you be the FATHER then you can help raise the child right and the mother will accept your opinion on child rearing. Well some won't but there is a few bad apples in every bunch.

Ummmmm #15, where you at today? I know you got some good output on this subject....

NOW THAT IS REAL TALK #16!

Well put #16, but isn't there a new law where they go by both parents income now. I know that law is in effect in Tennesse, and its supposed to get passed in Georgia I just don't know when, but you have to go back and make the changes through the system, they won't make the changes unless you request it. And the children are the ones who suffer when the parents get mad about the child support mess, by not wanting to be in the childs life. Both parties should just try to talk it out and handle it like adults for the childs sake. NOW THATS REAL TALK.

yeah hot girl, I know they were talking about passing that law, I'm not sure if they have or not. But in June 05 it hadn't been passed yet. And yes parents have to think for the child's sake and I wish they both would be in the child's life.

As for these big money maker's, yeah it should be like so much goes to the Mother and the rest goes to a fund for the child bc I don't think the Mother should get $20K and sit at home all day and may mess over the money instead of put it up for that child.

The money is for the child. When it is awarded it is going thru the mother. I believe once the child reaches a certain age the money should only be sent directly to the child. Maybe more guys would pay and be on time if the money would go straight to the child.

Really. I think once they turn maybe 16, they should have an account set up where the money would go directly to them. Too many greedy people out here looking out for them and then the child. People need to start putting the children first and then maybe there wouldn't be as many running the streets and committed to the state. I see kids everyday coming in and out of here not getting child support and struggle to get what they have, then they come in pregnant themselves to top it off.

well said...."THAT"S REAL TALK"...."CHURCH"

Exodus #4, 20% sounds like a fair enough amount. Although, I'm with #16... it's much better if the father is in the child's life. I also agree with her that some of the money needs to be put aside for the child... especially with the big money makers... Some people don't make 2,000 dollars a month... let alone...20,000.... man, I don't know many people that make that much in a month....

Thill #21 Oh, I agree with the 20%. Except when it comes down to the people that are making alot of money and the kids are getting thousands on top of thousands of dollars. In those case I think thats where either the man steps up and does right by his child or then some type of child advocate needs to step in on the behalf of the child. Because when we talking about that kind of money sometimes them dollars signs make people do some strange things. Thanks to all my brothers and sista's for keeping this a hot topic and keeping me awake !

Nice segment Wade.....Now this is REAL TALK...."CHURCH"

Wait wait wait. I disagree with the support being increased because of his increase in money coming in. It does not take 20gs to rise a kid a month. First of all she stated that she want what is best for her child. How is that when she does not have and job ,living in the projects with a man laying up with her. If jezzy did not make the money should get welfare checks for sitting on her but! No!!! The judge is wrong the system is wrong. I remember when I first got place on child support fresh out of college with a small job making 19,000 a year. I had to pay $380 dollars a month. I brought home after taxes that you can not claim at the end of the year was taking out $600.00. How was I suppose to live. My apartment was $500.00 and car not $350 and insurance(age) $175. I was always in the red so I just stop paying for awhile. they took my License and took me to jail. So even if you don't want to paythe system will make you. I spend all summers and holidays with my child. I still have to pay during the summer. Summer camp is $120 plus in the ATL and then I pay the monthly child support. ITS JUST NOT FAIR TO ME, JEZZY, YOU OR NO OTHER MAN WHO TRIES HARD TO SUPPORT THEIR CHILD.

Think for a moment.........If a man leave the child , he has to pay child support but If a woman leave the child along or with someone else... just leave..... She pays nothing... and there is no consequenses. Go figure. The man loses his job, licens, and freedom. Who's at a disadvantage?

I think that amount is ridiculous, but if he does end up having to pay that much then it should be included in the agreement that a certain percentage of that amount has to be put into a trust fund for the child every month, not to be released to anyone but the child upon him or her reaching a certain age. That way while mom may or may not be living it up the child's future will be somewhat secure.

Your right #15. They do need to make some of these mothers more responsible and treat them like they treat the men. If they did, then a lot of these women wouldn't just leave their children. Money isn't always the best solution. Children need parents more than they need 20g's.

UNFAIR.....you're right #15....they need 2 re-think and make certain guidelines as far as I can see it...if your relationship falls apart....be prepared 2 PAY....Flat out.....the people that made the law probaly don't pay JACK....."CHURCH"

I wanted to stay away from this topic but I couldn't take it from a person who pays a 1000.00 Dollars a month child support.

I have to admit our fathers of the prior generation has made it bad for us.

Nonetheless If all these hating A$$ girlfriends would stop souping up these babay mama's then there would be no need for child support. "Girl I get him for child support"

85%-90% of all child support cases are as a result of the baby mama mad as hell because the daddy will not be with her because she has had the baby trying her best to keep him not knowing or understanding that's going to make him stop F###### with her even quicker.

Now I do have to admit some of us guys has warranted the child support but there are a lot of men who accepts there resposibility and the woman is only doing this for vindicative reasons.

Next then you have the prosecuting attorney's(Robert "Bob" McCullough St. Louis County) out here all on TV and in press conference's saying he collected all these millions and millions of dollars for child support while the baby mamma has no ideal she is only padded his stats to get him elected as the next governor or someone who can make all of our lives difficult.

To all the babay mamas who read these try to work out some agreement where all will be treated equally and fairly.

I hear all these woman out here saying it's so difficult to raise children and I must admit it is.

However if you are having a difficult time raising the child then stop the child support and let the child go and stay with their dad for 6 months and you keep the child 6 months.

I wonder how many of you woman out there would agree to that.

After all, that's all I hear come out of you ladies mouth is " I Want Half I want Half" well here is you chance to get half.

Now that's real talk on a Thursday

AH YO TANK YOU SAID THE REALEST STATEMENTS ABOUT THIS CHILD SUPPORT ISSUE. IN MOST CASES WOMEN ARE TRULY VINDICTIVE, AND LOW DOWN. THIS IS A VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECT, AND I HAVE GONE THROUGH HELL FOR THE LAST 6-7 YEARS OF MY LIFE, AND ITS BEEN SO HARD FOR ME TO MAINTAIN RESPECT FOR SOME WOMEN NOWADAYS. I HAVE AN ORDER MYSELF, AND HAVE NEVER RAN FROM MY RESPONSIBILITIES, BUT THEN I TURN AROUND AND CANT EVEN SEE MY CHILDREN, THEN THE FIRST THING THE WORLD WANTS TO SAY IS THE FATHERS NOT INVOLVED OR HE'S A DONOR. THE WORLD AND COURT SYSTEMS SEE NO WRONG IN WOMEN AND THE UNEVALUATED ACTIONS. THE END RESULT IS A LIFE-LONG WAR BETWEEN MOTHER AND FATHER AND NOT ONE CHECK WILL EVER SIT THAT CHILD DOWN BY THE HAND AND SCHOOL THEM ON LIFE LIKE A FATHER CAN. AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT SINGLE PARENT WOMEN GO THROUGH CAUSE IM RAISING MY OLDEST DAUGHTER ON MY OWN, BUT IM NOT GONNA GO RUN TO THEM WHITE FOLK WITH MY HANDS OUT ON MY OWN ACTION REGUARDLESS THAT MY MENTALITY. BUT, MISSOURI DONT CARE IM RAISING A CHILD BY MYSELF THEY STILL WANT THAT #1200 A MONTH. IN GA YALL %20, BUT IN THE LOU ITS %50. MY POST WAS NOT MEANT TO DISRESPECT ANY WOMAN TRULY NEEDING CHILD SUPPORT PEACE LIL REDDE

ME BEING A SINGLE MOTHER NEVER WILL AND NEVER HAS BELIEVED IN CHILD SUPPORT. I AM MY FATHER'S ONLY CHILD AND HE CHANGED HIS SSN SO THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY SUPPORT, BUT MY MOTHER WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO RAISE ME THE BEST TO HER ABILITY AND I THINK SHE DID A **** GOOD JOB.

NOW, I FEEL YOU TANK WHERE PARENTS SHOULD COME TO SOME TYPE OF AGREEMENT THAT THE CHILD(REN) LIVE W/DAD FOR 6 MONTHS AND MOM FOR 6 MONTHS. AND THE REASON I SAY THAT IS B/C MY CHILD LIVES W/HER FATHER DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR AND COMES HOME ON THE WEEKENDS AND DURING THE SUMMER, BUT WE STILL HAVE SOME KINKS TO WORK OUT.

AND IT'S NOT ALL THE TIME THAT A WOMAN IS UPSET B/C HER AND THE FATHER ARE NOT TOGETHER. WHAT MAKES ME MAD ABOUT A MAN IS HE CAN A CHILD(REN) WITH YOU, NOT TAKING CARE OF THEM OR SPENDING QUALITY TIME, BUT GETS W/HIS NEW WOMAN AND HER CHILD(REN) AND WANTS TO PLAY THE PERFECT FATHER. YOU **** RIGHT I'M GOING TO HIT YO' BLACK A@# W/CHILD SUPPORT, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE NOT HIS CHILDREN, NOW THAT'S WHAT ****** ME OFF.

BUT PERSONALLY, I DON'T BELIEVE IN CHILD SUPPORT B/C MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME, "MOMMA'S BABY, PAPA'S MAYBE" AND THAT'S THE HONEST TO GOD TRUTH. CHILD SUPPORT IS JUST ANOTHER OF MAKING IT HARDER FOR A MAN, WHICH I THINK ISN'T FAIR. AND SOME WOMEN ARE IN FAULT TOO B/C THEY DON'T HAVE COMMON SENSE TO STOP HAVING THIS KIDS, IF YOU ALREADY SEE THAT YOU'RE HAVING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES AS IT IS......JUST SPEAKING FROM A WOMAN'S POINT OF VIEW.....AS #2CHURCH AND MARTHA WOULD SAY......NOW THAT'S A GOOD THING!!

I just could not keep quiet. I agree with the mothers need to be held responsible for their actions also just as men are. I myself do not have any children yet,I have always helped cared for everyone else's children do to the fact the father is not in the picture and the mother has decided they don't want to either.

I am currently helping a grandmother some with 3 boys. One dad is deceased and the other 2 are no where to be found.The mother would rather do drugs. I don't understand why women keep having children if they can not afford them or do want them. I was bought up to wait until you are ready. It is also really hard grandparents also.

I don't believe in child support unless the father is not present in the childs life.I really wish these men and women would either use protection or be adults about this. The child should be the focus. I really hate the women who want to do it because they are bitter that the man is not with them and the man who take care of other women's children and not there own. I really get sick and tired of the women that do not let the man that is trying to be in the childs life not see them.

They really need to grow up and think of the best interest for the child instead of themselves.

Much love Tito, Long time no hear. What ups?

I wasn't going to go here but since they've kinda opened it up... I will also state my opinion... Tank #11... Yes some women can be awful vindictive, but for many, that's not the case. See, what some fail to realize is that if we are all just a little more cautious about whom we are fooling around with none of these "situations" would arise. Perhaps doing a double check of who you hanging with might help eliminate some of these problems. Ms L.A., I'm with you... some of these women need to stop having all of these babies that they don't want nor can they take care of and men for all those women that have all these kids with different daddy's... HELLLOOOOO!!!! Hats off to the fathers that try and want to do right, but you know it's only a handful for many reasons... one because if they can't have the mama, they don't really want nothing to do with the kid and you know not many (some will though) are going to want to have the kid 1/2 the time. #15, I believe that you have gotten the raw deal, but at least you didn't quit and still spend time with your child...kudos to you. I am NOT a single parent and I have 2 kids but I've had the opportunity to be a single parent and it's no joke...

TO THILL #21, MS. LA, AND SINGLE MOTHER, YALL COMMENTS WERE TRULY ENCOURAGING TO ME THIS MORNING. YOU ALL ARE THE FIRST FEMALES I EVER HEARD THINKS, AND FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT THIS EVER-GOING ISSUE OF CHILD SUPPORT. I THANK YOU ALL FOR NOT BEING BIASED BECAUSE I WOULDNT DARE BE BIASED. I KNOW SOME WOMEN OUT THERE ARE CATCHING HELL WITH NO HELP FROM THE FATHER. THEY SAY THE SAME THING THAT HURTS YOU WILL BE THE SAME THING THAT HEALS, AND THATS WHAT THESE SISTERS COMMENTS THIS MORNING SOMEWHAT DID FOR ME. WHAT UP TANK! IM CHANGING MY NUMBER FROM #13 TO #11......WONT HAPPEN! LOL! PEACE LIL REDDE #13

Next Thursday, I guess I will have to come up with something else to make the Board pop like it did yesterday....Hey, that's what "Real Talk Thursday" is all about...

Wade look at what I had to answer......MAN it's on real talk by.JUST WONDERING...

I would like to repond to the comment about Jeezy child support. First if all I'm a day late in responding because I was at home for two days taking care of a sick 19 mos old that I have gotten legal custody of on July 29,2005. But I have had him since he was four days old. The mother have only seen this child twice and that is a crime shame. 1) I feel that Young Jeezy is making that kinda of paper he should want his child to be living well as well as he. $175 is not enough basically for daycare a month, for my baby I pay $110 per week, and not to mention medical bills, clothing, shoes, food, and entertainment for the child. I don't ask for nothing in return, because I know a Man that sits High, but looks Low and the mother will eventually get what she deserves. Yes,there are some women who are trifling (yeah, I said it) and don't care about the child's needs, rather their own. I have seen some mothers dress to kill, and the child looking like yesterday trash, shoes talking, clothes have holes, but mothers are GQ to the max. My baby is 16 yr old. The 19 mos in question is my grandson, my son's child and right now he's in jail for doing stupid stuff, not only do I blame the mother but my son is not handling his responsiblities. So, me being the "G-Mama" I step in and took her to court since i had the baby since he was 4 days old. When I did let the baby stay with her on a weekend occassionally, she would let anybody who would keep him, keep him so she could run the streets. Once I had to go into a crack house to get him because she left him there so she could run the streets. The baby's mother doesn't do drugs, but her mother does and that is where she left the child. I went and got him and I told her unless she have the sheriff knocking on my door, she will not get him back. I got legal custody of him on July 29th and he is well taking care of, because my children are my first priority. I get no financial help and don't want any because I make the $$$ and I can take care of my family. I'm not a single mother, my husband is a 1SG in the army who is serving in Iraq and I am employed by the Federal Government and we make enough $$$ to take care of his needs. Although, I have custody of him, I don't stop the mother from coming to see him, she chose to hang with her friends, run the streets and work. Let me tell you how trifling she is: She only seen the child twice since July 29th and she calls me and tells me "the reasons she haven't seen him because she been working a lot at "WENDY'S RESTUARANT". Come on. Your child comes first.

Back to Young Jeezy, I think that is too much a month, but you have to look at the father's lifestyles, and the paper he's making a certain percentage should go to the child, but like Keithag said put X's amount of $$$ in a trust fund for the child. Out of $20 G's at least $15000 should be put into a trust fund for the child.

PS: Sorry for writing a book! I agree with all who said women can be trifling as well. You should know who you lay down with. If, you lay down with a dog, you're bound to get fleas (women as well as men). Also, you should take note, if the man or women has other child(ren) and they're not taking care of them, what make you think they are going to take care of yours. Think About!!!!
A few moments of pleasure turns into a lifetime of pain and suffering if the parents doesn't get along. The child(ren) is left out in the cold. Need I say more!!! You reap what you sow!!!!

I am a day late responding as well. Having been the last one to add my opinion and I read them all. The women generalized and the men complained. Every case is different. There are so many children in this system who will never be taken care and have the kind of life they deserve because the parents split up or were never together, but folks it should not be about the money. What that child will miss the most is the care, the kindness, the deep down abiding love of a mother or a father. I was willing to forgo child support and any monetary compensation if my ex would just spend time with and treat my child like a parent is supposed to - all my child wanted was his father's love and his presence in his life. It was an affirmation to my child that he was wanted and worth. He doesnt get the money or the presence. Instead of worrying about how much or how the money is going to be spent the bigger concern should be what can I do to make sure my child knows I am a loving force in his/her child's life. When you love a child you become selfless and will fight any battle, do anything, go anywhere for them.

I am in total awe of my people right now! The way so many of us are taking care of our own. So often all we hear about is the neagative, and to see how these men are single parents is encouraging. Society spends a lot of time dogging our young black men saying that they are good for nothings but I'm here to say that I commend all of you single parents male and female. You all are MVP (Most Valuable Parents) Real talk

Hello Board Members,

I myself are a couple of days late.But I'm going to try to keep this short and simple.I feel like if Young Geezy can get on B.E.T and Cribs and floss like he is a Big Timer and isn't taking care of his child then he gets what he deserve.He should have to pay every penny and more.Showing up every other weekend and buying a couple of outfits,shoes and toys don't cut it.Especially,when he shows up on the tube talking about vacation trips,icy and how many diamonds set off his mouth piece.I don't see how people can always say "Well, If she can't take care of the child then she need to stop having them."Which I fully agree with,but hell it takes two to tango.I'm not going to go into all of that.I'll stick to the issue at hand.This is my opinion and mine only.I can't give my 2cents on nobody else situation,but if this is the situation with Young Geezy then he deserve every bit,but if he is handling his business then that is a whole another ball game.

Greene#44..Signing..Off