BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worlds

I am from Ohio but i just wanted to know if there are any other cities that can hold a world at one park,like in Columbus.I just thought that was very convenient to be able to see everyone play !

Re: Worlds

yes Columbus, ga

Love Joy might, right below Atlanta, but they might not want that may black folks in one spot.

I would say Atlanta, Ga that way we could use Southside and Southeast, just like in the Hotlanta Classic. The parks are close and then there's ALWAYS something to do in Atlanta for the Men and Women

I would love for the BASA Worlds to be in Atlanta but a total of 8 fields (4 at Southside & 4 at Southeast) is not nearly enough fields for 150+ teams. Besides those two parks are 25 to 30 minutes apart. Even if you threw in Lovejoy Park (another 7 or 8 fields) it would be just as spread out as Birmingham was if not more, as Lovejoy is another 20 minutes south of Southside park which makes it at least 45 minutes from Southeast. Columbus Ohio had the best set up for everyone to be able to see as many teams possible.

I think it's the way the games are set up. If you get up sat morning and play at one field for the remainder of the day and then more to another field the next day for the remainder of the games. I don't it's the field it's the people placing teams at different fields. Place fields by class and the females stay at one park.

But you still wouldn't be able to see other teams play....

Bottom line find complexes that can handle the large amount of teams.

A WORLD IS NOT A WORLD, IF IT IS HELD IN THE SAME LOCATION EVERY YEAR JUST BECAUSE OF ACCOMODATIONS. WE NEE TO BE FLEXIBLE AND ADJUST. SOME TIMES THE INCONVIENCE IS WORTH IT. TO SEE, MEET AND GREET OTHERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD. A LITTLE INCONVIENCE DOES NOT HURT. IT CAN BE REWARDING. HAVE AN OPEN MIND AND THINK OF OTHERS. MANY CITIES DONT HAVE LARGE COMPLEXES DUE TO, NOT HAVING ANY LARGE TOURNAMENTS COMING TO THEIR AREA. BUT IF THEY HAVE THE OPPURTUNITY TO ACCOMODATE A FEW WITH WHAT THEY HAVE, IT MIGHT GIVE THEM THE INCENTIVE TO BUILD THE TYPE OF COMPLEXES THAT WE ARE SEEKING IN OTHER CITIES.

JUST A THOUGHT. WHAT YOU THINK.

Very well put Tre 1

To #15 your idea is not sense. I do not want to stay at the same park all day looking at women games. I like to be able to see some of the men games also. It would be really nice and a better atmosphere for all to be a one park or two that are real close to each other.

How about having it in Houston at softball world. If I remember correctly, Houston has a complex to hold 150 teams.

Where will the 2006 world be held. Does anyone know please reply.

I am from Ohio and I thought it was convenient that it was in The Bus, but there is nothing like a road trip I say Tenn next year then ATL then Columbus.... Do you think it will ever be allowed back in St.louis..... I hope so had fun there,but no matter where they have it I'll be there