BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Truthful Quote.....

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth

Smallz #9

Re: Truthful Quote.....

Very insightful Mr.Smallz.... Question: How do you get a bunch of individual talents to play together?

From my understanding..Every player must know they role..That means!!! It it means on the bench because you wasn't performing then that's we're you need to be..Because if you have a team full of stars..Every body can't play, there is another player on your team as good as the next one..So if you have a team full of stars..There can't be no single superstar that you should depend on to make that team better..LIKE I said you have to make that person fill like player we don't need you to win..

Well Put. SO do you think that limiting the number of players on your team helps this also?

Of course...You should have at least 13 to 15 good players..Because I guarantee every one is not going to hit and play well..

Since were being truthful.. If you are having a bad game do you pull yourself or do you let your coach pull you. Just asking because some say if you pull yourself you're quiting but if you don't pull yourself you're being stubburn?

You know what a coach really should pay attention to the game..Because the last thing a player is thinking about is pulling himself out..Now on the other hand if you are not helping the team in no kind of way yes you should pull yourself..But if your team say you are quiting..That means your team really needs you and that go back to what was said earlier no one man makes a team..

Well put Smallz....I speaking for myself, Played a role this past season.....it shocked some...but who cares.....I didn't mind being a rotator it was different, But when my number was called I delivered and for most I was HUMBLE AND HAPPY....that's important...."CHURCH" be happy were you at, or it's no fun.....

Ya'll boys are on it. I feel like if I'm not in the game we can not win but on the other hand you have to play that role for your TEAM. If you are a everyday starter and you know your team needs you ; than how can a person miss six and seven tourneys a year.
Last year I never sat out a game but I feel bad because I hear players complain about not playing.
But these players don't understand that if you miss tourneys and when your number is call you have to produce. I know I wasn't the best hitter in the world last year but I learn that hitting is where I need to improve. So during the off season I must get better.
Smallz lets hit man. We use to go at it about who was the best ss and better at playing before I actually saw you play and I give it to ya. Your darn good guy. Keep up the good work.
Church I'll get tips from you when I start pitching!!!!!1 MATRIX wwwwwwhhhhhhooooooaaaaaa15

Anytime....."CHURCH"

Some very interesting takes…. How about this one: You have players that don't show for every Tourney, but they are "VERY" good players. When they do show should they get PT over the guys that have been there every weekend. Keep in mind the undependable guy is better! Also as a "Captain" is it your job to keep the peace on your team?

the very good undependable guy is going to hurt your team in the long run if you are trying to really build a good team. that guy should be made a role player himself. it's going to be hard to build some type of team chemistry around someone who puts the team second. at least the guys that you have there have sacraficed at that moment for the team. in the short term you may not win because your best players aren't on the field. in the long run, your team will learn how to win with the real core of the team. with any title, such as team captain, there is a responsibilty to the team. it's not necessarily the best player on the team, but that guy that knows how to keep the ship headed in the right direction. sometimes the team captain has to be a peace keeper.

I guess that what's lacking a Team captain. I agree the undependable playa needs to sit the bench but then if he sit the bench it my be 2 and a BBQ. To me every tournry is important. Sometimes the guys that complain; just do not work on their game. If we put you in the game you can not make 6 errors and think things are okay. You are right though. I think the capt and the coach should make the decisions!!!!!1

Softball is always bizzness & never, never friendship if you wish to make it to late sunday.

So Wolf...That being said. Would you play the player that's better but undepenable over the guy who's maybe not as good but depenable? I think player from above was on to something by making the undepenable guy a role player. What are your thoughts?

ALL WELL SAID LADIES AND GENTS..I WAS SURPRISED WITH SOME OF THE FEED BACK I GOT..#15 YOU ARE A GOOD SHORTSTOP AND I RESPECT YOUR GAME TO THE FULLEST..#2 YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN EXCITING PITCHER AND SOMETIMES I HATE TO FACE YOU...MR.WELL RESPECTED ALSO..#15 THAT'S ONE THING I NEED TO WORK ON THIS OFF SEASON IS HITTING SO MAYBE WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND YOU GIVE ME SOME TIPS AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME..

If u plan on being in any of the big tournaments sat/sunday you should have no less than 13 players that can and will get at it.

Smallz I appreciate the way you put that! But we all know that I get use some of those secrets you got in the green bag you carry!lol