BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kenny Key killed in a motorcycle accident.

Anyone who played knew him. Anyone who knew him will miss him.

Re: Kenny Key killed in a motorcycle accident.

Are you serious?

Who would kid about this?

which guy on GFM was Kenny?

Good Guy....he's truly going 2 be miss...God Bless......................

Softball world, Kenny Key died this afternoon in a motorcycle accident.

We love you and you will NEVER be forgotten. No one played the game harder than you!

Dennis Browning
GFM/Worth #2

He seemed to be such a happy go lucky guy, always smiling and happy. I will miss him... I'm so sad. Lost of words.

YOU WILL BE TRULEY MISSED

WE WILL MISS YOU KENNY, I MISS YOU ALREADY.

Kenny will truly be missed. GFM keep your head up our prayers are with you. GOD BLESS

Here I am waiting on email from him and get this instead. Second very close friend this year that I have lost off of the circuit.

Kenny you were the ambassador.

Will miss you much.

Clay

GFM keep your head up. Our prayers are with you in your time of need. If you guys need anything please feel free to call me.

GFM sorry to hear about your loss the birmingham players will be praying for your team and his family.

If we can do anything to help please feel free to contact Terrell @ 205-389-3610.
Don't foget to put God first and everything will be alright. KKey #3 we will miss you.

make sure his picture or team picture gets posted

MR. KEY YOU'LL BE MISSED DEARLY MUCH SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO THE KEY FAMILY AND GFM STAY STRONG FELLAS.

True indeed good man ...Will be missed dearly....

Big uncle to play along side you and to know you as a person will be missed greatly and to the Family and GFM my prays go out to you.

T.Holland

We watched him play Sunday morning, definitely a great ball player. Thoughts & prayers go out to the GFM family, as well as his family & friends.

To the Key family. You all are in our prayers. Stay strong and focused. God will handle the rest. God Bless you and take care. From The Class Act family (Changa)!

Kenny will be indefinitely missed.

I pray that God gives his family and friends the strength to get through this.

Words can not express what the softball community has lost great great person. We will always remember you Kenny Key. We have lost this year probably the most 2 popular people on the circuit. BASA family send our prayers to his family We will miss you Kenny

I don't know Kenny Key but my prayers goes out to the Key family and God Bless this guy. From what I've read thus far, he was truly a very nice guy and a legend of BASA. For the people that knew him which I did not, I am sure it's a great loss to you all and I am sorry for that because a few years ago the St Louis area lost some great ones as well ie Gino, Kevin Rice, Ty, Jay (Club 51) so I understand how you all feel. BASA we are a family and let's stick together because like one person said before it's possible to happen to anyone. LIFE HAS NO TIME LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS

My condolences and prayers goes out to the family of Kenny. He was truly a nice guy and will be missed.

My condolences goes out to the family as well. I was a real close friend to Kenny and we were to meet up with each other next weekend to kick it. GFM Family please contact me regarding the arrangements ASAP at 314-922-7425 or danajoe3@hotmail.com. He will be truly missed.

God pick flowers daily from HIS garden here on earth to place in his eternal garden in heaven. Today, he picked Kenny so that he can be planted with all the other beautiful flowers in his eternal garden. I know sometimes we don't understand and we want to ask, why? Yet, we must remain faithful that the God we serve makes no mistakes and the picking of this flower is a part of his divine plan.

GFM, I know that Kenny will be a "Great" lost to your team, a "Tremendous" lost to his family and he will be sorely missed by his softball family, we all must continue to "look to the hills from which our strength cometh".

If there anything we can do to help your team or his family during this difficult time, we are here for you.

FIVE-O

This softball season has really been tough. I have lost two brothers only months apart. kenny and I have shared many championships together and I will miss him dearly. Now, I don't have anyone to fuss at on the field. I love you man and I know you are up there with 19 telling him about the worlds.

This is bigger than softball. I will give it all up just to have my friends back.(Robert 19 Jackson and Kenny Key).

Thanks for all the memories, I love you man.

Bigswol9
GFM/Worth

Kenny you will be missed. My prayers go out to your family.

DURING THE WEEKEND AT BLACK WORLD I WAS ON MY WAY DOWN THE ESCALATOR HEADED TOWARDS THE LOBBY AT THE SHERATON. I HAD ALWAYS HEARD OF KKEY3 AND GFM. IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT HE WAS STANDING BEHIND ME GOING DOWN THE ESCALATOR WHEN HE SPOKE TO ME JUST BEING CORDIAL AND INTRODUCED HIMSELF. HE NEVER STOPPED SMILING AS WE WENT DOWN THE ESCALATOR TALKING SOFTBALL AND THAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR TITO TO HOLLA AT HIM. I WAS TOUCHED BY HIS PRESENCE AND THE WAY HE CARRIED HIMSELF. AS WE APPROACHED THE LOBBY I TOLD HIM GOOD LUCK AS WELL AS HE TOLD ME. I NOTICED APPROACHING THE LOBBY THIS WAS A MAN OF GREAT STATURE AMONGST HIS PEERS. I KNEW THIS MAN ONLY FOR A BLINK OF AN EYE WHICH IS HOW LIFE IS AND GETTING THAT CALL OUT OF SAVANNAH,GA DEVASTATED ME. MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. GEORGIA YALL HAVE LOST A GOOD ONE, STAY UP. PEACE

I guess this is what everyone was calling about. KKey we will miss you and Thanks for all the TIPS. I hope one day I can be named in the same breath as you. You are Softball and We love and will miss you very much.

GFM/KKey Family & Friends,

Words cannot began to express how we are feeling right now. This is probably one of the saddest days in softball history. We are all in such disbelief. We keep checking different message boards to see a post from KKey3. Even though we all know that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away the flesh still wants to ask the question, "WHY" Accidental deaths are so hard because the average person feel they didn't get to do or say something that they should have said or done. God is such an awesome and loving God that I believe if you speak those things to him that you want Kenny to know he will pass them on to Kenny. I've learned over the years that even through the saddest times "God gets the glory" and he wants to be glorified in every situation being happy or sad. Softball Family pick your head up, dry your tears and lets give KKey3 one of the best "World Homegoing Celebrations" ever. God wants all of us together again under different circumstances and he chose an extra ordinary person like Kenny to bring us together again. That's awesome because he couldn't have done that with just anyone. Softball Family, please pray with us that Kenny is at peace with the Lord and that one day we shall all meet him at that Final Softball Tournament in the sweet bye and bye. God bless Kenny's family, friends and GFM. Most importantly, I pray that if you don't know God, get to know him real soon.

Rick & Arnitha Borden
PT Family

Kenny, you will be missed. My heart goes out to GFM and the Kenny Key family. If you need anything please do not hesitate to call..

This is truly a sad day for the softball world. We've lost yet another familiar softball player, but more importantly a greater person. Kenny was truly a person who enjoyed life and definitely loved softball. My brother you touched many lives and will be missed by all!

My thoughts and prayers are with both your softball family (GFM) and your personal family. DB and SWOL, you guys keep the faith and stay strong.

My prayers goes out to the family and GFM keep your head up.

Dear KK,

You and I were 2/3 of a 2-time World championship outfield in 2005. You made me look like a great outfielder, knowing you had all of center and most of both gaps covered. Though we yelled when balls got between us or when "Hans Solo" (hitting solo Homeruns) showed up, we quickly got ready for the next inning and the next at bat. I can honestly say that you were a great person and an even better friend. I looked forward to the many posts on other peoples websites and the weekly phone calls. You and your presence will truly be missed!!!!

WB #24 GFM

PS. 2005 has been a very trying year. In June I lost my mom, shortly there after 1-9, and now Kenny. If nothing more has come from these losses, it's the need to appreciate life and loved ones. To my wife, my son, my friends.... I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY!!!!

And to the Lord above, I give thanks for allowing me to meet and befriend an angel as wonderful as Kenny Key. Jersey # 3 now hangs in the rafters of heaven!!!

Peace Out!!!

my prayers go out to the key family. enjoyed playing with ya when i played for bud/colbert. stay up gfm. and GOD bless.

To the family of Kenny Key and the GFM players my prayers and thoughts are with you. Mark Mitchell

OUR PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YA'LL!

Our prayers go out to Kenny Key's family & GodFather Management softball team. Big Swol & teammates, keep your heads up and your faith strong! Peace!!!!!!!

"Chilly-Mac"-#77

Key,

My brother, you will be truly missed as a friend and ambassador to the game of Slow Pitch Softball. I could always count on you to tell me what I was doing wrong or should be doing.

On behalf of Black American USSSA and our staff I send my condolences. And to the family of Kenny if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to call.

Stanley Johnson
USSSA Black American Director

On behalf of Team Morris and the Campbell Family, our hearts and prayers go out to the Key family for you loss on yesterday. Kenny was truly a great person on and off the ballpark. Our God is a GREAT God!

I hadn't been on the board in a couple of days and when I saw Kenny Key had died,I was totally shocked,I still can't believe it,but GOD doesn't make mistakes.

Kenny.Com as I referred to him will surely be missed,As with 1-9 Jackson,the Softball Community and the World in general has lost a truly good person,may GOD bless and shine on your families

Kenny will be missed but not forgotten..GFM/WORTH keep the faith fella's..Dennis im sorry for the loss of such a close friend,if you need anything holler..

GFM we feel your pain as we are still trying to get over losing our General. Our prayers go out to Kenny's Family and Friends. In Birmingham Me and Kenny was just talking about taking our motorcycles to Orlando and ride them together during the USSSA Worlds. I lost a close friend in January by the name of DJ Skippa Chuck from Miami to a motorcycle accident. I have given my motorcycle up. #3 And 1-9 We will miss you more than anything else. Now Heaven has two soldiers to watch over the gates. Much Love GFM.........New Image Straight Ballin'

A Soldiers Prayer

From South Florida (Lo Tay), to New Image, To Godfather Management

Dear Lord we're going through the vows of life.
We ask for a chance that is fair.

A chance to equal all that's right.
A chance to do it or dare.

If we should win, It'll be by the code
with our faith and honor held high.
If we should lose, we'll stand by the road
and cheer as the winner's go by.

A team that won't be beat!
Can't be beat!

Can't Hit, Can't win! Amen!

We have really loss a true friend and family member, but what we have gained from knowing Kenny Key is the knowledge of how to live life and how to treat our fellow man or woman. My Prayers go out to the Key Family. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to share your Son, Your Brother, and Your Father.

Kenny Key #3, we will miss you on the softball circuit, my heart goes out to the Family. (GFM) keep your head up.

Gina #3 LIA

Wow, this is amazing....I'm sending my condolences to the family of Kenny Key and GFM. He will be truly missed around the circuit. I'm still shocked today. Good guy and good ball player. Rest in peace KKEY3...Kenny Key #3 GFM.

DEAREST KENNY,
WE WILL TRUELY MISS YOU, RESPECTFULLY IN MAY WAYS. THE WORLD WILL MISS A TRUELY AWESOME PERSON. THIS YEAR HAS BEEN A TIME OF REFLECTION, WE HAVE LOST SOME GREAT PEOPLE AND THEY WILL TRUELY BE MISSED, GOD IS GIVING EACH AND EVERYONE OF US A SIGN. WE HAVE TO STAY PRAYED UP, TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT YOU LOVE THEM AND CHERISH EACH AND EVERY MOMENT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. KENNY WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOUR SMILING FACE, YOU ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY MVP.

P.S. TO MY SOLFBALL FAMILY I LOVE YOU GIRLS. KEEP WALKING IN THE LIGHT , DEE

Our prayers and deepest sympathy go out to the Key family as well as his softball family (GFM). We are DEEPLY saddened by yet another loss of a great contributor to the game. This is just a reminder that time awaits no one. God Bless All.

My heart truly goes out to my brothers of GFM and the Key Family. Always remember God is a Good God and he doesn't make mistake. This is a time that we should realize that you can be here today and gone tomorrow, let's love one another and let your love ones know how much you love them.Kenny was a good guy and the little I did know of him he loved softball and his GFM brothers always smiling to brighten up someones day. You will be missed Kenny. GFM my brothers keep your heads up and look to the hill from which cometh your help and your help cometh from the LORD!!

anything that i can do please don't hesitate to call Sharonda # 5 GA MIXX "GFT for Life"

The softball world (BASA) is in mourning of a great person and we all need to stop for a minute of silence and prayer for Mr. Key #3. As we travels from field to field lets put the #3 in the dirt behind second base to let him no that we will truly miss his game. May God bless the GFM/Worth family and his immediately family. To the BASA staff, this is a time when you should as a organization send flowers to the family of Mr. Key. This action would show the softball world that we(BASA) are a true family. My team, my city, my family pray for this family. This comes from the St. Louis City Hitters.
GOD TRAVELS WITH EVERYBODY WHEN HE COMES TO GET US WE NEVER NO.

Sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our prayers, keep you head up.

My heart goes out to GFM. Kenny will be truly missed. I will keep his family in my prayers.

KENNY,

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FOREVER MORE MY COUSIN FOR LIFE. GOD HAS BLESSED US ALL WITH YOUR PRESSENCE AND YOU WILL SURELY BE MISSED. I SIT HERE HOPING AND PRAYING THAT THIS IS REALLY NOT HAPPENING, AND I DIDNT JUST WAKE UP AND NOT SEE ANY OF YOUR POST BECAUSE YOU WERE BUSY OR SOMETHING. THIS WILL BE VERY TOUGH FOR MANY OF US WHO KNEW YOU TO COPE WITH BUT LIFE GOES ON ,AND WE ALL REALLY NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND REALLY LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE AND APPRECIATE LIFE AND ALL OF OUR LOVE ONES...KENNY I MISS AND WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU MAN

Kenny will be missed greaty. Our softball world has truly lost one of its warriors.
My prayers go out to his family and his teammates. GOD CALLED HOME ONE OF HIS ANGELS.
May God Bless you all this off season.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Key family. Deepest sympathy especially to VJ and the kids. Be strong! Remember, God has a plan and Kenny is a part of it. He will not be forgotten.

Cleveland Showtime sends our condolences.

HE WAS MY FRIEND, BUDDY AND PAL. IT WAS JUST YESTERDAY I SPOKE WITH HIM NOT KNOWING THAT IT WOULD BE THE LAST TIME THAT I WOULD HAVE HEARD HIS VOICE. TO KNOW HIM WAS TO LOVE HIM. MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO THE KEY FAMILY. TO MY BEST FRIEND VERONICA AND KIDS, REMEMBER GOD NEVER FAIL AND CONTINUE TO KEEP HIM FIRST IN YOUR LIFE.

KENNY KEY SLEEP ON AND TAKE YOUR REST
WE LOVE, BUT GOD LOVES YOU BEST!

LOVE ALWAYS YOUR FRIEND

BEA

Kenny Key will surely be missed. May god bless his family and friends. I will continue to where the number #3 with pride and dignity for him.

LoTay

SORRY FOR YOUR LOST AND TELL HIS FAMILY WE WILL KEEP THEM IN ARE PRAYER. AND ALONG WITH YOU GUYS ALSO GOD BLESS YOU>

If any of you are having a hard time dealing with the death of KKey3 as I am please pray this prayer with me at noon on tomorrow (9/22/05). Softball World, lets be in total unity.

Father God, Thank You for always being there for us no matter what we face. We know You will never fail us, even in our most intense trials. We have not always understood why we go through certain things; and we do not have to understand, because You are God and You are in control, in spite of our lack of understanding. We know that all You require of us is to trust in You. You have never failed any of us that looked to You. We have often failed You Lord, by our doubt and unbelief. Lord, please remove all the sorrow and grief we are feeling right now. Heal this void and pain we are feeling in our heart for the loss of our brethren, Kenny Key and help us to trust in You more. Fill this empty place in our heart with more of Your loving Spirit. We ask this in Jesus name, Amen.

P.S. I Love You Rick, Prime Time Family, GFM and Softball World!

my heart is with the Key and GFM families.

A Poem For Kenny

Hello Kenny, I could never imagine this time would come
For me to reminisce and reflect on all of our years of fun

We have been friends for a very very long time
We have watched each other season and develop like a fine wine

You have watched my kids grow from babies to adults
And I remember all your complements on the results

I will never forget the way you run down balls in centerfield
I would say to myself that Kenny is messy but he is the real deal

I watched you play in Jacksonville, Georgia all over the United States you were sent
But I know you really found a softball home with Godfather Management

Your team is comprised of strong talented talkative misfits
That bonded together, and no matter what, refused to Quit

I Love all you guys for the joy and laughter you bring to me
Stay together support one another in remembrance of the legendary Kenny Key

Remember the prayer, Remember the code, and hold your heads high for all to see
Through all the hard times you have come together and developed a Competitive Softball F-a-m-i-l-y

To the family of Kenny Key my deepest sympathy goes out to you. To GFM hang in there and be strong, to my Enough Said Family, I love you always, to GA Mix Love and Peace. Last but not least to my sisters, Mary and Cathy (Rangers) you are my girls forever we will draw strength from one another to make it through.

P.S. To 1-9 (New Image) do not get upset when Kenny hits a solo, because remember he did not mean to do it.

Much Love Flo #9 Enough Said

Our prayers go out to the Key family another soldier has been called home.First GOD needed 19 to pitch and saw how Kenny was holding down the outfield last weekend.GOD bless and keep the family

WE the 502BOYZ send are prayer to his family and team mate God Bless you all.

Myself and others from L.M.S. came out to watch you and your teammates play in Orlando, you guys play,look,and carry yourself like Champions.Kenny you're one of those brothers that no matter when we saw you,you were smiling and being the Humble to those you knew and didn't know.GOD called you for a reason,and it wasn't a misstake because he don't make misstakes.To the Key family,be strong and keep Praising Him and He will see you through. GFM you guys keep doing your thing for the team, but most of all do what KKey would do:Keep smiling and live each day to the fullest. GOD BLESS

#10 LAST MEN STANDING, Birmingham AL.

I would like to say to the family and teammates of Kenny... he is and will be missed at home and on the dirt, always. My blessing to the family and team.

Redd #40 Out of Cleveland

Another soilder gone home. Kenny you will be truly missed with that smile. My heart goes out to my brothers of GFM and to the Key family. Keep your heads up and always remember that God knows best and he makes no mistakes. Remember Kenny may be gone in the physical but his sprit still lives. Love You Kenny #3!!

Scoot
GFT #21 4life

I've had the pleasure of playing with and competing with Kenny since 89 both in the Jax Navy Circuit and with BASA teams as well as local teams in the surrounding area. Kenny has always been a class act, a great leader, and even more important an outstanding friend. Kenny is truly a legend and his exploits on the field will be talked about for years to come. Godfather Management be strong and continue on his honor with all your successes. Kenny will truly be missed. Love you Brotha...Vic

Dear Kenny,
I miss you so much right now. I remember the day we met.
July 12,2003
I thought you were so cute. When you first heard me curse,you immediately said cursing is not lady like. You also told me not to let a guy run over me. If he dose not treats you with respect,let him go. You also quote,(Did you do it? If you did not do it,do not worry about.) I thank god for giving me the opportunity to learn you. Eventhough you were mean at times and made me cry,it was positive and the truth. I know you are sitting in heaven reading this letter. Save a seat for me.

Love
your friend
4show

Kenny I did know you, but this song is dedicated to you.

Jesus is Love (Lionel Richie)

Father, help your children,
Don’t let them fall by the side of the road
And teach them to love one another,
Heaven might find a place in their hearts.
Cause Jesus is Love, love, love
I know he’s mine, mi-ha-hine forever
Ah, In my heart
We’ve got to walk on, Walk on through temptation
Because his love and his wisdom, will be our helping hand
I know the truth, and this world will be our salvation
Lift up our hearts to be thankful and glad
That, Jesus is Love, love, love
Jesus is Love, love, love
Ah, In my heart
His love’s the power, His love’s the glory, forever
Yeah, yeah, yeah….
I want to follow your star, wherever it leads me
And I don’t mind Lord, I hope you don’t mind
I wanna walk with you, and talk with you
And do all the things you want me to do
Cause I know that Jesus
Jesus is love I know, and if you’ll ask I’ll show
Love is the wold forever
Jesus is love I know, and if you’ll ask I’ll show
Love is the wold forever

On behalf on the Players'softball team (B'ham.Ala.)I would like to express our deepest sympathy to the family of Kenny and to the GFM softball team.We will remember Kenny not only for his love of the game, but also for his joy of playing the game and the joy he brought to the game. Remember that our tears,pain, and grief is only temporary, because the GOD we serve and praise WILL be with each of us through our bad times as well as our good times.

If you would like to send flowers or cards please send them to Christian Memorial 1309 Cooper St. Graceville,FL.32440. Thanks and KEEP us in your PRAYERS! Kenny Niece