BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DISNEY WORLD

USSSA WORLD, DIDN'T FEEL LIKE A WORLD. IT WAS TOO QUIET. MICKY DIDN'T WANT NOBODY TOO DO NOTHING. I HEARD THAT WHERE IT GOING TO BE NEXT YEAR.

Re: DISNEY WORLD

Yeah, it didn't feel like a black world torney. It was a very boring atmosphere. I'm still ****** at the cost of a cheeseburger with no lettuce, tomatoe, pickle. A piece of meat and some cheese for $4.75. In the beer bracket early! Starting 2006 as a free agent, selling uni for $10 a piece. Embarrassing how people act away from home.

I heard the same thing that it was to be back there next year. The prices were utterly ridiculous and while so many complained about things being to spread out for the BASA in B'ham it was almost just as bad. You didnt know where folks were playing, the brackets were not kept updated, one team in our bracket didnt show up for their 8:00 game and probably never even checked in yet you had their opponents for the next game waiting for several hours only to be told it was a forfeit. You had to walk a country mile to the fields. And with so many fields why were they even playing at a different park, and to top if off the directors were infair to several teams. Some had to forfeit because they were not there or did not have enough at game time and others had their forfeits rescended and they still got to play. Bad business.

i agree with all the above. the usssa worlds sucked. prices were to high, $10.25 for entry, and fields were to far to walk. and of course they would not let the assoc. sell the black amer. t-shirts. can they please find somewhere better. with all the people running around with usssa you'd think they could do that.

You all need to remember this is a BASA site and they have NO control or input as to where USSSA holds their tourneys!!!!

I think everybody knows this is a BASA site, not to be smart about it. Just talking about the experience of Disney. It plain out sucked though. So quiet you can hear a pin drop. I think I can run the Boston Marathon after walking a country mile with bat bag on my back.

I was rather dissapointed also. tourney and games too spread out. i expected barbeque grilling and beer drinking hecklers and more trash talk. things have seem to have gotten too professional. maybe we have become so educated(myself included) as a people we have forgotten how to have fun. sometimes when an event becomes too big it loses quality. this is just food for thought.

I think that's where BASA comes in and fills that void. BASA has the great atmosphere. From what it sounds like, this past weekend might as well have been a white U-trip tourney. We play a lot of local U-trip tourneys. Very boring and serious. BASA is like playing for bragging rights in the hood.

I ARGREE WITH ALL OF YOU,BUT THE USSSA UMPS ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE BASA UMPS.THE USSSA UMPS SEEM TO CARE MORE ABOUT THE GAME.THEY STARTED GAMES ON TIME,THE UMPS WORK WITH ONE ANOTHER,AND THEY KNOW THE RULES.AS FOR YOUR BASA UMPS YOU MIGHT FIND THEM WALKING AROUND WITH BEER IN THERE HANDS,TURKEY WINGS HANGING OUT OF THEIR MOUTH OR OUT IN THE PARKING LOT TRY TO TALK TO SOME WOMEN.

All umps make bad calls. At least if they are walking around with a beer in their hands, they have an excuse.

I don't know how you can make that statement, because out of the 5 games we played, 80% of the time we had refs that umped some of the bASA tournaments we played including the Worlds.

And what was up with the watermelon. I personally felt offended. I have played Disney tournaments on several occasions and they have never served watermelon before.

Wow...hate to be a party-pooper here...but I enjoyed the Disney experience thoroughly (except for the watermelon thing...that was questionable). Yes...it was rather expensive...but that's why we work hard day-to-day and save our pennies throughout the season. Someone made a comment earlier about being "too professional". What does THAT mean? Why do we have to perpetuate a stereotype? Why do we feel that the only way to have fun is to be loud and boisterous? (By the way...I didn't see any signs that said that we could not have a good time and that we had to be quiet.) Why is it that if we can't drink beer and barbeque in the parking lot, that the atmosphere is "boozshie" (I know the spelling is questionable)? If anyone felt uptight, I think that it may have been "self-imposed". The Black American softball family can have fun anywhere...anytime.

I don't agree with the professional statement either, but you obviously do not play alot of BASA tournaments, because the atmosphere is quite different. Like when I was little and my dad's baseball team would play other neighborhoods on make shift ballfields.

Fish frying, kool=aid, beer drinking, boiling crabs, it's just different. I am a college educated, well compensated individual, but I just love that atmosphere.

in defense of my statement of being too professional i may have been off base on that one. i will have to give it more thought. I feel that a setting such as Disney takes away from the intimacy of basa softball.
Stadium field fans too far away from the game.Fields too far apart. my opinion bigger is not always better. please give me some tips of other ways to have fun at a softball tourney that doesnt involve being loud(talking music ect...) boisterous comical drinking, dancing and just letting go. Disney doesnt have too post signs. The setting itself promotes you to act a certain way. I have thought about it and I do stand by my statement of sometimes we become too professional but I feel that the Disney environment dictates that we be professional just as most of our white collar jobs do. however you may be right, it may have been self imposed. This is just my opionion whether it is right or wrong. We have the right to disagree and you may have some valid points. i really dont think anything I said was promoting a sterotype i think that you are way off base with that one.

Disney was not a BASA event.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't a BASA event. The point is some of the same management staff still have their hands in the pot. And did USSSA or BASA ask any of the teams, coaches or players what they thought about Birmingham or Disney location? Or did it just get ramed down our throats! I think since we pay our money to travel to where every someone decides TEAMS shoulf play, we should be on the board...get a survey...or something. Did slave days come bad. This is American. Why don't we have a "say so" in where we will play major tournaments??? Somethings just not right about that.

Sorry for the few missed spelled words in the prior post.

A lot of you dont understand, it takes more than just picking a location out of the air. The BASA person for B'ham had to be willing to go and negotiate with the city, to get field okayed, and to work with local officials in order to have this major tournament there. Not every BASA director in every state is willing to do this because for one thing as you can see it is a thankless job, and it takes major time and effort. On top of that not every city can even come up with enough fields (not every church or school is gonna let you come on their property for liability issues and because you know players can leave a site a mess. So think before you criticize and even if we get on this board and vote that we would like to have it at such and such a place that doesnt mean its workable or doable.

the usssa worlds at disney was a little spread out and very pricie. but you will not find better fields anywhere.as far as the music and food it was not what usssa black america had requested.water melon was asked for but foods that also was requested did not get on the menu.also you must remember that you where at disney and if you have ever been there with your family you know how much it cost.you must also look at the fact that disney asked for the BLACK AMERICAN TOURNY???????.THATS A VERY BIG DEAL.....

I was very pleased with the Disney experience and although I like the BASA regular tournament experience, the worlds are too spreaded out. We are not talking about walking around a big complex, we're talking about driving 30 to 45 minutes away. I too was offended by the watermelon, I think that was too much. Maybe if all the games concluded on Sunday at the regular fields, the atmosphere would have been more satisfying for most.

Thats why i think the world should make it back to columbus ohio where everyone can enjoy all the games and its all at one park. BRING THE WORLD BACK TO OHIO!!!!

YOU WERE A FOOL IF YOU DID NOT THINK FOOD AND DRINKS WERE GOING TO BE EXP.$$$. LOOK AT THE PARKS(TOP NOTCH)
THE BEST PLACE YOU WOULD WANT TO PLAY.THE 26$ THING WAS A SUPRISE BUT OTHER THAN THAT EXPECTED.IF WE NEVER HAD A WORLD THERE WE WOULD BE CRYING WHY CANT WE PLAY THERE LIKE THE THE WHITE FOLKS?? BOTH PARKS WERE EASY TO FIND. I WOULD RATHER PLAY THE NEXT 10 YEARS THERE THEN BUM ASS ATL. OR S.C. WAKE UP.
YOU NO NOW THATS WHERE ITS GOING TO BE NEXT YEAR,START SAVING A PIGGY BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think people was about the prices, we all know as softball player, you need on you wherever you go, I just think the people didn't like the atmosphere, it was too quiet, plus you had to a mile to get to the field. Other then that, it would have being a perfect place for the BASA World.

I do think the awards given for winning the worlds at"DISNEY" stunk up everything. Nickel and dimes 1/2 day tournaments beat them hands down.