Welcome to Cookham.com Discussions

to report a post contact the Webmaster

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No More Free Entry to Windsor Castle for Residents

The Advantage card offer for free entry to Windsor castle for residents is being withdrawn.
From 1st June residents will need to pay 50% of the ticket price rather than enjoying unlimited access to the royal residence, which many consider to be a perk of living in the area and fair exchange for welcoming the world to Windsor.

The Royal Collection have stated that from 1st June, Advantage Card holders will receive a 50% discount on their visit, as well as free entry for one child up to the age of 17 per paying adult. For a family of 4, visiting regularly, this would soon add up.

Windsor Parliamentary Candidate, Julian Tisi said, "For many of us who live in Windsor, visiting the castle for free is a great pleasure. Some locals pop in to use the excellent cafe and who hasn't taken visiting relatives for a day trip?"

"Windsor, and specifically the castle, is visited by millions of people from around the world. During the season, residents gladly welcome tourists to their shops and restaurants, they drive them around in taxis and are happy to give directions in the street. In return, we get to live and work near one of the most iconic buildings in the world- and visit when we choose."

RBWM Lead Member for Windsor, Cllr Amy Tisi added, "I am shocked that the free entry offer has been withdrawn for residents without consultation. We consider those in the "big house on the hill" to be our neighbours and want to work with them on this to ensure no resident is priced out of visiting the castle. Leader of the council, Simon Werner and I have written to the Royal Collection to ask for an urgent meeting and to ask them to change their mind."

Julian continues, "I'm calling on the Royal Collection to reconsider this decision and to sit down with me and RBWM to come to an arrangement that makes business sense but still gives free access to the castle for residents "

Add your support NOW https://www.windsorlibdems.org.uk/campaigns/keepwindsorcastlefree