Be God's Helper Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Be God's Helper Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Be God's Helper

David, the more I get to know you, the more I appreciate your focus on helping. I spent a great deal of time believing against all hope that unity could be found in diversity, as evidenced in my little religious world in my little church. I sense that you also long to see humanity finding and emphasizing its common ground.

I'm writing to answer your rhetorical question: Would I rather have someone help me who doesn't love me or vice versa? I've actually come to believe that the help is, in and of itself, love -- whether intentional or not. I'm not sure I'm completely on target, but that's how I've come to see love. However, I do tend to give a lot of leeway. If someone is doing something that distresses me, but I know that they are intending it for my good, I can find ways for it to help me.

Oh, dear...I'm rambling...did that make any sense to anyone?

Happy Friday! (You can all be happy with/for me. My mouth is a great deal better from last Thursday's surgery. I can talk *and* eat asparagus!)

Smiling,

Mir

Email: mishnu3@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Be God's Helper

To say that all helping is love by definition is an interesting concept. If love and help are actually synonyms, then my question is a false dichotomy. I like the way you try to use the good intentions of others that are not helpful to contribute to something that is helpful for you. Helping it seems to me has to do with the actions I take that either help or harm others. Loving is more the emotion I feel when I am taking an action. I think each event of our life is made up of an action (inaction is an action) and a feeling (lack of feeling is a feeling). So the action or behavioral part can be anywhere on a continuum from helping to harming. The feeling or emotional part can be anywhere on a continuum from loving to hating. The two need not always match. A loving feeling could be integrated with a harmful act and a hateful feeling could be integrated with a helpful act. The Be God's Helper (Be Earth's Helper) goal would be maximum helping and maximum loving for each event of our lives.

Email: d2mryan@verizon.net