Be God's Helper Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Be God's Helper Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: collage

Marion said, "The light bulb to me shines down the path of spiritual enlightenment which shows us that all our conceptions of God/Goddess are merely that --our IDEA of God, not God's REALITY."

To which I ask, isn't the concept of "God's REALITY" also a human idea so how can you say that my conception of God is merely my idea while your conception of God (that there is a reality beyond ideas)is more than your idea and a statement of fact?

Email: d2mryan@verizon.net

David, you do have a point. Whether, I view God as a Transcendent Presence who is "the More" a la Borg, or whether I view God as the totality of the Universe which the one universe believers accept--- both are our "ideas" of God. In the language of Immanuel Kant, we are both "stuck" with our perception of "the phenomenon",because we can never know "the thing in itself". ANd this is where the leap of faith comes in. What do I CHOOSE to believe---that in which I hope, or only that which I can prove? Ah, there's the question!!!

Email: mhlandlbl@msn.com

The choice between what I can hope and what I can prove is a false choice for me. I trust that helping is life's greatest value and that gives me hope that helping will result in justice and peace for all people on this planet. I can't prove that it will or that helping is the highest value. But I can follow all the evidence I can find and create a hopeful future that I can trust my life to. I do not limit myself to what I can prove and I will not claim anything as factual truth that I can't prove. And I will permit my hopes to be shaped by new evidence from any source.

Email: d2mryan@verizon.net