Return to Website

Karamursel Web Site Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Karamursel Web Site Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Economy of South Korea
South Korea is considered to be a developed nation. The developmental stage of a nation is determined by a number of factors including, but not limited to, economic prosperity, life expectancy, income equality, and quality of life. As a developed nation, South Korea...
Views: 9   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2024 12:03pm
by Ethan Jenkins
Support and legal services in Christmas Island
Confidus Solutions employs a wide range of experts in different fields: lawyers, real estate experts, bank agents, accountants, tax consultants, and other professionals. Our company's representatives have vast experience dealing with individual clients, providing wea...
Views: 7   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2023 11:44am
by Dustin Sanders
Geography of Marshall Islands
Marshall Islands is considered to be a large nation because of its total area. Its total land area is 11,854 km² (approx. 4,577 mi²). Continental shelf of Marshall Islands is approximately 18,411 km² (around 7,108 mi²). Marshall Islands is located...
Views: 10   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2023 5:17am
by Kevin Green
b
brown
new email
would like to hear from a few old classmates. also anyone knowing les wiggins, he is recovering from some very extensive medical problems and hearing from old classmates would help his mental state a great deal
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2010 10:32am
by brown
Pics and stories
Hello KASBRATS. I added a guest book registry to ChildrenofKaramursel.com. Please feel free to post anything Karamursel related. Would love to here from you all. thomas KASBRAT
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 4:22pm
by thomas tipton
jellyfish on the beach
when i swam with the other children in the Marmara, i remember bumping into those things. ~Thomas
Views: 372   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 10:30pm
by Ron Beasley
reconnections
Got an e-mail from Doyle Horton. He's a principal in Alaska. Avery remote place he says's. I wish him good fortune and health. thomas KASBRAT
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 6:14pm
by thomas tipton
reconnections
I got some new e-mails from some former KASBRATS. Doyle Horton is one. and a few others. Thanks to you all for tryin to get in touch. I guess I am a conduit to you all. I try to read everything sent to me. But i stay busy on other projects. thomas KASBRAT...
Views: 272   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 2:51pm
by thomas tipton
my E-Mail
Having problems with my E-Mail Deb,Patty,Patti,Paul and you all i lost all my E-Mail addresses. Had a systems crash. I will be up in a few. tnt
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 5:21pm
by thomas tipton
Aquarius
The age of
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 7:36pm
by thomas tpton
t
TNT
Wants and Needs
Everybody has them. Needs always outweighed the wants in my family. Even tho my father served in the military and cooked in a kitchen i never let them bother me. This is a different world now then it was many years ago. Times haved changed drastically and i hear so...
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 6:49pm
by TNT
Looking for Donna Foisy
I worked at KCDI bethween 1975-1979. I am looking for friend Donna Foissy and her family. They went to RI from KCDI at 1978
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 6:37pm
by Kaya Zengin
We need not eyes to see.
There was a man who lay in his bed in a nursing home. Everyday he wondered what life was like without him. He had no legs and the memories that he had was only in his heart. One day there was a new addition to the nursing home and everybody in this small room wonder...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 10:09pm
by thomas tpton
t
tnt
to much time spent
I've had to much time in the last years of my life to spend freely.The website that i started (ChildrenOf Karamursel.com) will have to be continued by someone else. I dont have much time left. It was fun for me and i would'nt change a thing. thomas tipton webmaster
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 7:44pm
by tnt
baseball,fastpitchsoftball and those lights
Many games played between our teams then. The games at night brought us all out. Gosh those were great times. Those lights shining would fade out sending us home. The baseball fields i would walk across coming home to my room upstairs in the barracks. The quasan...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 12:26am
by thomas tipton
being third culture
When ever anybody stateside asked me where i was from my answer was always different. Some of them soon began not to trust me becuz my answers were never the same. Utau ,Michigan, Tennessee, Texas or Turkey. Take a pick. I'm a brat and i have no home. Maybe them th...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2008 6:33pm
by thomas tipton
Bratsfilm
''Brat'' Where is it that name was given and when? Donna Musil did an excellent job. And Tim as co-producer was the best. Who gave us or name? thomas tipton
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2008 7:04pm
by thomas tipton
coming home from Alaska
My father left for Cold Bay Alaska in 1966 I think it was.We were between stations in Tennesse then. One day he arrived home in his blues. There was a fruit cart being pulled up the street and we were having our little fun with the horse. We went inside the trailer...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2008 5:12pm
by thomas tipton
transition (continued)
After spending a couple of days in the barracks we celebrated our first christmas. The next day we went to base housing. Our two story housing unit was just acouple of blocks down from our school. The first few weeks were good and i began the process of making new fr...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2008 5:12am
by Patty Turney
transition
I kinda get stuck inone time period. 1968 to 71. a time when i left a place i didnt want to leave to a place i didn't want to go. 37 years later it comes back to me as avery important time in my life. i couldn't understand why we had to go. All i know is my father go...
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 7:03pm
by thomas tipton
Santa and the fire truck
He came standing in that firetruck throwing candies to us. we would chase it all over base trying to get as much as possible. I think santa got tired of us real soon. we didn't give anybody else a chance to get some. Halloween was my favorite holiday ther...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2008 4:30am
by thomas tpton
Searching for dentist located in Karamürsel in the late 60s
Hi everybody. I am a native born from karamürsel. My dad worked as an electrician in the facilities of the US army in Karamürsel during the year 1963-1970 when he moved to Germany for working. He had good friends from Texas (1965-1967)who were stationed in...
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2008 10:52pm
by thomas tpton
children of karamursel
hello past karamursel students and personal. im making a website. it will consist of pictures then and now.i've the help of paul dion,patty turney,debbie arndt, ouida wingfield and some others. if you would like to be a part of this site, please feel free to ema...
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2008 8:25pm
by Arzu Güngören
little shop across from the other gate at kcdi
we would not walk but run to get to the other side. this gate was close to the post office.If you ever had the chance to go out this gate you were lucky becuz they closed it when we first got there in 68. i remember the breads filled with chocolate and the gum...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2008 6:25am
by thomas tpton
Hedda Wyne
im lookin for her. anybody remember her? anyway hello and God BlessAll. ~Thomas Marsha said she would help. im reconnecting with so many people from then. my head is in a whirlwind. ~Thomas Tipton
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2008 6:21am
by thomas tpton
http://childrenofkaramursel.com/home
my children of kcdi site is up. please feel free to email me ~Thomas Tipton
Views: 350   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2008 8:43am
by thomas tipton
the old paper mill
when getting there at karamursel from istanbul on the highway of death there was a paper factory that i went to with other students in my grade then. Close to Yalova, in 1968. A true experience. we went by bus the musical buses. Thats all i can remember for k...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2008 12:14pm
by thomas tipton
new website
hello kcdi kougars my website is up finally. it is small but it will grow. thomas tipton webmaster
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 11:51pm
by thomas tipton
a warm bed
he paces back and forth looking down, sometimes over his shoulder thinking maybe something might come his way. if he's lucky he might get a small handout. some thing to keep him going under that bridge where he stays.he knows the cold of winter and the heat of the...
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 5:01am
by thomas tipton
Antique Irons, Bubble Baths, Peaches, Ekmek & PB. Kas Memories
I don't remember dancing bears, but it is so fun to hear these detailed stories. I can visualize it so well. Neat to hear all the different experiences and memories. Here's one for you. We had a Turkish maid we loved, Mahida, and as you all know, they didn't have t...
Views: 349   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 11:59pm
by Patty Turney
children of karamursel
hello karamursel kougars ive got emails from quite a few of you all. please keep them coming.my website only will grow with help from you all. thomas tipton
Views: 755   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 11:48pm
by Patty Turney-Bor...
where are my pe students from 1971
hey, great site paul.. i was just looking up things on google and there was old karamursel.. i did find bouncy, the english teacher and Rick Feller and just found steve sund. what an amazing group. where the heck is the Hawes boys? now that i found this site i c...
Views: 636   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2008 8:37pm
by brown
hiiiiii students
if some one remember me pls contact me :)
Views: 391   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2008 1:36am
by Mark Abbott
the old turkish schoolyard
i for got to put in my last post sorry. they were young and new like us, like us to them. their faces i remember lookin back at us. when we first got to kcdi in december of 1968, i remember a concrete slab and basketball court close to the incoming barracks. t...
Views: 875   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2008 7:40am
by thomas tipton
paper factory and the old turkish schoolyard
in 1968 0r 69 i remember a paper factory not far from karamursel.big rolls of white paper. our ele mentary class then was part of one of ahmet aksoys ideas to bring the americans closer to the turkish people i thought then. If your out there Ahmet Aksoy please g...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 4:32am
by thomas tipton
News about Bob West
This is a copy of an email I received July 15th, 2004. It was originally sent to David Councill then distributed to all those persons on his mailing list. ------------------------------------------------------ I am forwarding this message on to everyone concerni...
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2007 11:03pm
by Patty Turney (Tu...
Scott Hamilton
Am wondering where in the world all my friends from Karamursel ended up. Having been searching for Scott Frederick Paul Hamilton. We were in 10th grade together in 1970-71 at KHS. Has anyone heard from him?
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 5, 2007 11:00pm
by Patty Turney (Tu...
karamursel
hello james do remember patricia marceron or lee spletter. tnt
Views: 431   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2007 10:48pm
by Patty Turney (Tu...
2 paul dion
when we got 2 karamursel, i remember the road that got us there. from istanbul along the shores of the marmara sea to yalova then karamursel. it was a very scary ride 4 me then in1968 and my family too. i cant believe i can remember any ofit. but i can. the ferrie...
Views: 533   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 26, 2007 6:56am
by Pam Carpenter
email change.
my email address changed to bart@tmstexas.com, just wanted everyone to know. when and where is the next reunion?
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2007 10:56pm
by bart childers
m
Michel
Hacker in Karamursel
Hi, We are a French NGO (Non Governemental Organisation)located in Frannce et we are helping a NGO located in Benin (West Africa) That NGO helps poor people and has a web site http://www.songhai.org/ Recently stupid hacker has played with their web site. We have f...
Views: 347   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 5, 2007 10:47am
by Rich Giddens
karamursel commen defense installation
here are afew of the people im lookin 4. if you recognize your name please email me about the new site im starting. thomas tipton GODBLESSALL laurie mcdonald george kitkowski jennifer smith robin trull debra boudreau donna gephart monica edwa...
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 3:45am
by thomas tipton
a long....time since.....
Hey to Dormies wherever you may be.... Still here in Blackfish Creek....South Wellfleet on Cape Cod....have a larger schooner a'buildin'....38 feet...a block Island Cowhorn...I live in 4 yurts and a cabin...a boatshop...in the woods.....family is scattered here in W...
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2007 6:20am
by Marsha Neil King
Connecting with KAS brats!
Hi, I've had some emails from KAS "kids" since my last post in June. I hear from Thomas Tipton (really enjoying that) and from Susan Morgan (got my first one from her today:). I would love to hear from more of you. I was in KAS from 69-71 (I think we were still there...
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 2:55am
by Patty Turney-Bor...
Karamursel 1970 Help me Find You!
Hi, I'm looking to find Trudy Berlin, Sharon Etheridge and the rest of you girls or guys-anyone else who went to Karamursel in 1970. I'm Patty Turney (now Turney-Borgman). Brothers Mike and Scott Turney. Also a little brother Steve Turney. Dad was the head dentist ov...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 7:07am
by Patty Turney
hi all
i m emre. i live in karamursel.and karamursel is wery good.ı m happy beacause i like karamursel:D:D
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2006 2:50pm
by emre dincarslan
Karamursel, Det 94
Great stuff! I was looking for Karamurel on Maps.Google.com and got a real good overhead view of the place. Then I found your site. Sure has changed since 1968! The Antenna field looks a bit abandoned. My best memory, other than stag night at the NCO club, was g...
Views: 571   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2005 10:00pm
by Tom Virnig
Sinop Guide
I am the original designer of the cover and Turkish scenes for the Karamursel guide while assigned to Det 95 in 1963-64. What a surprise to find it on the Sinop page this evening. I still have the original drawings, but lost my copy of the guide. Does anyone have...
Views: 465   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2004 3:59pm
by Bob Rushing
Yo
Found a moment to toy with the site. Curious if I am going to miss a 30 yr reunion this year? Still looking for a few folks I have never heard from. Duane Howard 73. I ran into him as an Air Traffic Controller in 75. Met up with him after his tour to England whe...
Views: 489   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2004 7:28pm
by Terry Churchill
b
bb
Dr. Ples Kujawa
I had knee surgery in May by DR. Ples Kujawa. He us an awesome doc and I think he favors Robert Redford! You should all be very proud of him...I am in awe. My husband was a Navy brat and lived in Adak, Alaska and graduated there. Your site reminds me of some of the s...
Views: 627   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2004 10:06am
by bb
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet