30 Squadron (RAF) Association

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feedback and what's in a name?

Hi, I just wanted to reiterate the feedback request I asked for in the recently published e-newsletter. I'd like to know if you have any suggestions for the website and/or newsletter.

As with all things, it's important that we voice our opinion so please feel free to give me ideas and suggestions when you can.

Finally, the name of the e-newsletter is, well... e-newsletter. I think we can come up with something better than that so I'm inviting suggestions from you so the Committee can decide what to go for.

To start things rolling, what about 'The Compass'? We are world wide travellers, we used to have navigators (can't have everything I suppose - sorry Chairman!) I think I'd better quit while I'm ahead. So, it's up to you. Please send your suggestions via this thread if you can.

All the best,

Laurie Ramage

Re: Feedback and what's in a name?

Just wanted to know if anyone has thought about a name for our newsletter? If not I'll go along with 'The Compass' unless I hear of a better one.

I first thought of something to do with the fact that the Sqn had been a transport unit for the last 50 years but that would have been unfair to our predecessors. So how about 'The Palm Tree' in that it conjures up visions of foreign parts and our historical links?

David Bright

David,

Many thanks for that idea, as you said it cunjures up everything about the Sqn, and covers all our aircraft types and our varied past.

If I get more suggestions I'll put them to the vote but, if not I think I'll go with 'The Palm Tree'.

All the very best and thanks again,

Laurie Ramage

Please can I vote for Dave Bright's idea.

Why not: "Ventre a Terre"? Nice and Simple and we all know where it comes from and what it means....don't we?