NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page

This is the Northern California Bluegrass Society's national infomation page for stolen and missing musical instruments. This page can be used to announce the theft or other loss of musical instruments, updates on subsequent investigations, and news about the recovery of instruments. The forum is HTML-enabled, so that links may be added to other websites that contain pictures and other detailed information about the instruments. The NCBS does not warrant the accuracy of any information posted. Contact the source for details. Good luck to all!

NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chinese make violin (1983) stolen in Oakland, CA

STOLEN VIOLIN! Please share this post!
Today, Revi's house in the Maxwell Park area of Oakland CA was broken into.
PLEASE DO THIS:
below is a description of Revi's instrument, as well as a list of other things (including two other instruments) that were stolen along with it.
if you live near a flea market or pawn shop, would you PLEASE GO, TOMORROW FRIDAY if possible, or over the weekend, and look for it? it could be anywhere in the bay area but of course it is quite likely in oakland.
if you have to buy it back Revi will reimburse you. if you think you might see it, call him immediately - his cell number is at the end of this email.
Revi says: yes, i have called the police. but somehow i don't think this is quite as high on their priority list as it is on mine. in fact, they haven't even made it out to my house yet to take the report...
DESCRIPTION OF REVI'S VIOLIN:
- made in china, chinese label inside, says the year 1983. i don't believe there is any other english but possibly it says shanghai china.
- has an electric pick up installed on the front
- has a deep scratch, about 1 inch long, horizontal to the instrument and right by the f hole, on the front right side as you look at the instrument
- is amber colored with a flame maple back
- comes with a rectangular shaped carrying case which is missing the handle, with burgundy velvet inside
- has a black colored "coda" brand bow, which has a circle with a cross inside it engraved in silver on the frog (most bottom part) of the bow
- has pirastro tonica strings on it (and probably with their packages in the small pocket inside the case)
- has a picture in the case of an elfin sort of person playing a violin, in red colors
i know some of this info is really technical, but feel free to disregard things meaningless to you, or call me with questions.
OTHER THINGS OF OURS THAT MAY BE WITH IT:
- old pc lap top, dell, circa 2004, "pentium IV" i believe
- nikon "coolpix" digital camera, golden orange, with theoretically lots of lovely pictures of my children on it (but likely wiped clean)
- 1/4 size violin, (asher and zara's) - very very small! dark reddish color, no case, yes bow
- my guitar (ouch...) brand unknown, pretty nice but nothing terribly special, acoustic 6 string, no case or strap, hairline crack in the front center goes vertical to bottom of instrument, about 4 inches long
PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE BRILLIANT IDEAS OF THINGS I SHOULD DO TO TRY TO RECOVER MY INSTRUMENT OTHER THAN:
- checking with pawn shops and flea markets
- craigslist
- calling music stores
- flyer in my neighborhood offering a reward
finally, IF YOU ARE THE PRAYING SORT:
please pray for my violin to come back to me! light a candle, chant, activate your magic - and while you're at it send some protective energy to surround our home, it is super awful to get broken into, never happened to me before today.
with so much love and gratitude and still hopeful i might get my (very first) baby back -
revi in maxwell park, oakland
510 290 1489 cell
510 479 1888 home
revolutionaryhappiness@gmail.com