Return to Website

Karamursel Web Site Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Karamursel Web Site Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: jellyfish on the beach

Hi. I remember those Jellyfish. They were HUGE. It sounds really gross (remember I was a kid) but we used to "bowl" with the jellyfish, down one of those cement piers near my house. We were both thrilled and disgusted that a bloated donkey was floating in the sea one day. Turkish kids were diving off of it like a float! My mother would always scold me for swimming..."you'll get a disease"!!! But she used to say that when I ate the frozen "ice cream" too. Anyone remember the ice cream guy that delivered the ice cream (or whatever it was) on the donkey and cart? I liked the green kind, I think it was "tutti frutti"

Re: Re: jellyfish on the beach

Hello Cindy,
you actually had fun with them things back then?
I remember throwing them on the street in the summer
and watching them melt or watching the cars run over them. Pretty intense stuff ha ha anyway they were good times back then. ~Thomas webmaster childrenofkaramursel.com

Re: jellyfish on the beach

I was at KCDI from 1971-72. I was in the Boys Scouts at the time, and I remember that I had to learn to swim in order to get my "Tenderfoot" badge. And of course I had to swim at that beach. That water was sometimes full of jellyfish !!