Return to Website

Karamursel Web Site Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Karamursel Web Site Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Antique Irons, Bubble Baths, Peaches, Ekmek & PB. Kas Memories

in turkish peach is seftali. manisa and the orchids
are wonderful in the early spring. turkish peaches
is like the bread they make, the best. the plum and
fig trees seemed 2 be everwhere we went. the english
pronunciation of peach (pic)means persons father who
is unknown in turkish. TNT GODBLESSALL

Re: Re: Antique Irons, Bubble Baths, Peaches, Ekmek & PB. Kas Memories

Ekmek with Peanut Butter... LOVE IT!!! It was so good when skiing at Uladag. Yum...
Tina, wanted to say, I'm the WORST emailer in the world, but only because I sell stuff on ebay and get computer weary and so many emails from customers that I get an aversion to even looking in my email box. Then I get on a kick and have to touch base with my KAS buddies again. It makes me more secure So don't give up on me!

Re: Antique Irons, Bubble Baths, Peaches, Ekmek & PB. Kas Memories

OMG! I remember so much of that! Our second maid, Sukrea (Ramzia had to quit due to illness) took my little brother and I to a turkish wedding. Someone in her family got married and it was quite an experience for us! My mom and I used to talk about all the various memories of Turkey. Remember chai? Still my favorite. Ekmek... hadn't thought about that in a good long while. Awesome memories!!!

Re: Chai, Ekmek Recipe and Istanbul

I didn't drink Chai back then,which is probably why I don't drink it now. I've been thinking about trying it though. What's the best kind and how do you do it?

I wish I could find a recipe to make authentic Ekmek.

Remember the Pretzels they carried on the platters on their heads? I remember well the exciting smells and sights from the ferry going over to Istanbul.