Welcome to Cookham.com Discussions

to report a post contact the Webmaster

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can you help 1st Cookham Guides?

If you're like me and believe that communities only work because so many people contribute to that effort and you want to volunteer, 1st Cookham Guides would welcome some help.

Currently I am the only leader at Cookham Guides and its actually a lot of work for one person (I work full time). If you could offer some time, we provide all the training you need to either be a volunteer or become a leader. Being a volunteer might be helping with planning, accounting or at meetings.

I've made good friends since becoming a Guide Leader, I've learnt new skills and I hope I've given the girls opportunities to try new things - we've been snowboarding, ice skating, camping, handling birds of prey, used flight simulators, trampolining, built scarecrows, designed furniture, become scientists, historians, comedians, astronomers, hiked, baked, painted, crafted, paddle boarded, kayaked, narrowboat-ed, to name just a few things; you may have even seen us litter picking, or selling cakes at the scouts fair last summer. If you can spare some time and are interested in having some fun while volunteering, get in touch : 1stcookhamguides@gmail.com