Return to Website

CalligraphyIslamic Discussions

Salient Features of Islamic Arts

CalligraphyIslamic Discussions
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what about 'Ali's Lion?

hi,i'm an Italian foreign languages student and Arabic is my 3rd language..i'm just on my second year,so i can only slightly appreciate the content within the marvelous form that this art cherishes.i've seen some examples before and i'm working hard to achieve a suitable lingustic level which would lead me to a deeper comprehension of what is the true miracle of Islam.i'm also interested in sufism and its mystical approach to the quest for the ultimate truth which involves every man willing to make his life blossom.it's been quite a while i found a zoomorphic writing which unfortunately is not featured in any of your site's sections,though i strongly hoped it was.it's called 'Ali's Lion and i really wanted to know its author and meaning/translation.is it a coranic verse?i could only recognize the name of Allah right in the middle of its body,its head is turned backwards,the tail forward so as to make it look like an horizontal 8,symbol of infinite.i would immensely appreciate any help you will be able to give me.thanks for your attention,keep up the outstanding work,peace!