Return to Website

CalligraphyIslamic Discussions

Salient Features of Islamic Arts

CalligraphyIslamic Discussions
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sorry I am late . . . had to see a man about a horse

Brothers, grope the bottom of your hearts and consider these points: 1. Has anyone noticed the connection of excellence in calligraphy with Taqwa? 2. Practice is only one side of the coin . . . i.e. "Een Biradar gar-che Khwahee Khoshnavees, Mee Naveeso Mee Naveeso, Mee Navees." meaning "O Brother, if you want to be a calligrapher, write, write, write." Karin Sprague of Nantucket, USA had stone-carved a line, "Practice, practice, practice!" (www.karinsprague.com) So, the third (the other side will be postponed as a suspense, the real secret to excellence) unless you twist my arm . . . then I will cry Ouch, ouch. . .!!! and spill it all. My salaam and acknowledgment to Brother Sajjad who has dedicated his life to Khat al Arabi. So, boys, slice your bamboos, save the shavings, get ready to siphon the spirit of Seyh Hamdullah. Work hard like the Indonesians today. Don't let grass grow under your feet. BUT, shun exhibitions and limelight. Work quietly, unknown and uncelebrated. Expect your reward from Allah Azza wa Jalla.