Share AviMate Tips And Experiences!

Exchange Views On All Aspects Of Bird 

Breeding And Bird Enjoyment!

AviMate Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fraud-Do not sent your bird(s) to anybody without full payment on hand.

Hi everyone,

Beware! I was contacted by a lady who claimed to be good breeding Blue-throated macaws. She convienced to send her my bonded pair of BTMs (name Trini and Dragon Lady) in return of 2 weaned Blue-throated babies she has. After many months no babies arrived even though all four were fully weaned. So we begged for our pair of BTMs back but she refused to send them back to us. According to her the female BTM has been killed by a cat. According to her vet she died of trauma. This woman lied to us endlessly; therefore, I do not believe with what she says anymore.

This lady gave me many calls and she would talked one to two hours on the phone about her life stories, other breeders, and give advice who to trust and how to breed macaws. As I mentioned before, I am new to the world of breeding macaws. I have little experience about breeding macaws. I thought she was an experience breeder and I thought her motive was good that is why she was calling me and giving me advice how to breed macaws. I was not aware that her only reason for calling me so often at that time was to get my pair of BTMs.

Her convincing call made me send her these pair with the agreement that she would send me two weaned babies in return. I would asked her from time to time how Dragon Lady and Trini doing. She told me that she was very happy receiving these birds. Then, she called me about the size of the male. She said that he is much too big for a normal Blue-throated macaw; therefore, he must be Blue and Gold. After that she told me that these birds are suffering from psychologically harmed because their behaviors were abnormal. I thought she was telling the truth so I decided to help her and I asked her if I could do anything to compensate for this trouble. However, after that she came with more stories. The male was not micro chipped; the female is juvenile and infertile; both of them have DEADLY e-coli and Salmonella DNA bacteria. Now she is coming up with more stories. The male has cyst in his testes. I am BECAME AWARE that this is a SCAM. I fell in her trap. Now she wants to pay me $300 for the female and $1000 for the male. NO way! I will not tolerate her behavior. I know that she will do it again to others breeders if I let her go this time. She is known for a number of similar scams. I found out about it recently.

It is true that I said good things about her because I thought she was genuine in helping new breeders like me. I’ve sent food for her birds because I like to help people who are in need. I knew that she was a victim of hurricanes; therefore sending bird food directly would help her. I have been so generous to her because I was so naïve to notice her real motives.

These experiences dealing with her has been very distressing over the past few months because she lies all the time. Also, she made me look stupid because I trusted her for every word she said before. I should ask other breeder first. Now that I know her really well, I feel brave to tell other breeder, “ Beware of this Woman” Also, I am alarmed that she can go on with her scams if nobody do something about it.

Gloria

Boundaries Unlimited