Share AviMate Tips And Experiences!

Exchange Views On All Aspects Of Bird 

Breeding And Bird Enjoyment!

AviMate Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suggestion for future releases

I have a suggestion for a future release... Make it so we can share a central database for our records. I have several computers on a LAN and it would be nice if I could enter the data on the computer in the aviary when I check nest boxes and then be able to go into the office later and work with it. The way it is now I have to carry a disk with me to transfer the data back and forth. Anyone who has a large number of birds knows that when your working with the birds your hands tend to be full a lot of the time and it's a hassle to carry extra stuff. Other than that I love the program and have been using it for a long time now. I even show other breeders the software on my laptop when I go to birdfairs and shows. Next step is to put the demo on CD's to pass out to people.

Jeff

Re: Suggestion for future releases

here is a suggestion for you that works for me. Try installing the program on a thumb drive, this way you can take the program with you from this way when you go from building to building you can take just the drive and run it from computer to computer this way. Or just install it on a network drive and install short cuts to each of your workstations. Grant it you will only be able to access from each terminal one at a time instead of as a group. But it will still allow you to access it and update it from each terminal. These tricks have worked for me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a suggestion for a future release... Make it so we can share a central database for our records. I have several computers on a LAN and it would be nice if I could enter the data on the computer in the aviary when I check nest boxes and then be able to go into the office later and work with it. The way it is now I have to carry a disk with me to transfer the data back and forth. Anyone who has a large number of birds knows that when your working with the birds your hands tend to be full a lot of the time and it's a hassle to carry extra stuff. Other than that I love the program and have been using it for a long time now. I even show other breeders the software on my laptop when I go to birdfairs and shows. Next step is to put the demo on CD's to pass out to people.

Jeff

Re: Re: Suggestion for future releases

Hi there
I like your idea of the thumb drive installation. I am re downloading Avimate3 again due to a problem on my system and I'll do it to my thumb drive. Jean

Boundaries Unlimited