Return to Website

Southern Maryland Music Scene - Audience Submitted Band Reviews

Welcome to:
Southern Marylands only devoted message forum where the audiences in the Southern Maryland music scene have the opportunity to express their views and opinions and tell everyone what they like and dislike about local bands and musicians that perform in the Southern Maryland music scene. It's moderated, so, remember the notes on the previouse page about slander and such!
Have fun and enjoy!
"SMMO"

Southern Maryland Music Scene - Audience Submitted Band Reviews
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All Girl Band Kicks Ass!

Headline Reads[/B]:
The "Outskirts Of Town" Leave Lasting Impression On Disbeliever.

Personal Thought:[/B] I'm thinking to myself, "Oh No, not an all female band"...[/I]

I recently had the very pleasureable (and should have done it sooner)[/I] opportunity to
see The Outskirts Of Town at a live music venue in the Southern Maryland area this past
month.

So, I've heard alot about this "all girl band" that was supposed to be the hottest thing
around and everybody said, "you have to go see these girls".

Well, given my years of experience as a musician, and my interactions as an audience
member attending live performances of the multitudes of local bands and musicians in
the areas local music scene, and long story short:

I am a musician, aswell as a music critic, who is also the editor that operates a very
popular local music scene website resource devoted to the live, local music scene in
Southern Maryland, and I have the obligation to personally attend local band
performances so my reviews will be legit... and I've heard alot of bands that people
"claim" is the "hottest thing around". Now, with my personal credentials out of the way, I
thought, "Oh-boy, here we go again", but, ..."benefit of the doubt", and "innocent until
proven guilty" come into play here aswell.

The Shock And Amaze Factor[/B]:
I was really bored on the night I went to see this "all girl band" at a local venue recently,
and by the end of the first verse of the first song, MY JAW HIT THE FLOOR![/B] I
could not believe that what I was hearing was actually coming from a band that tours in
the Southern Maryland "local band circuit". I'm thinking to myself, "Why are they
HERE?".[/I]

Let me tell you from my experiences, I have never heard another band perform in the
Southern Maryland area that has such a clean, studio like sound coming from their PA
system! I'm thinking to myself, "OK, you got me, where's the DJ that's playing the
CD?"[/B] Well, let me tell you, all that sound comes direct from the most talented group
of female musicians I've ever had the opportunity to listen to! I will add to my comments
by letting everyone know that these girls have the "total package" when it come to their
performances. They give you a show, aswell as great music with all the frills, they play
like professional national touring musicians, they are very interactive, and "alive" on the
stage, that is, if you can keep track of the them, These ladies get out in the crowd and
serenade to individual members of the audience (thanks for that Sandy, your a
sweetheart and you made my night!),[/I] awesome stage animation, and thank god for
wireless systems!

Oh wait, the fun don't stop there, they co-exsist with the audience by passing up their
"break time" to talk to members of the audience "one-on-one", and not run and hide at the
"band table" when the set is over. I'll tell you this, I am very big on being "promotionally
professional" when it comes to being a live performing musician, and these girls are
doing all the things to make YOUR[/B] experience what it should be when you go to
see a live band perform.

Personally, I don't believe that they are "putting on an act" to promote themselves only at
their shows, I honestly feel that this is they "way they really are", even when not
performing in front of an audience, they are just talented musicians who are very down to
earth and like to make friends and meet new people, I kinda feel like music comes
second to them.

Anyhow, I had to put my two cents from behind the scenes of Southern Maryland Music
Online (www.smmo.net) and tell everybody what I thought about the Outskirts.

Trust me, "I've seen ALOT of local bands in this area and a vast majority of local
bands in Southern Maryland have a got their work cut out for them if they want to catch
up to what the Outskirts are offering the local audiences, both on, and off the stage"![/B]
There are alot of local bands that should take the night off and see the Outskirts perform,
make sure you take a BOX of pencils and a WHOLE pack of paper!

If you don't get out to see the Outskirts, you just aswell go deaf and blind![/B]

Thankyou For Your Time,
Dwight - Southern Maryland Music Online
www.smmo.net

City/Town Southern Maryland

Name Of Band Reviewed: Outskirts Of Town

Date Of Performance: February

Place Of Performance Legends: Waldorf / Secrets: Indian Head